【Chapter 2】

Y/n's POV

Once the bus drops me off at home I'm met with a rather annoyed Liam.

"You're grounded" he's my legal guardian so technically he can do that.

"B-But I didn't do anything!" I protest.

"Yet. I know you're going bot fighting Y/n"

"I'm NOT" I defend myself.

How on Earth did he know Hiro and I are going bot fighting tonight.

"Really? Cause Tadashi just texted me 'Hiro's not home, neither is his bot, don't let Y/n leave the house'" He reads out the text.

Tedashi and Liam are best friends.

"Fine" I grumble and leave to my room.

I change out of my uniform and to my regular clothes. I wait for Hiro to come up with some crazy plan to sneak me out. Soon enough I heard a tapping on my balcony. We lived on the 10th floor of the building so it's going to be hard to sneak out. I open my balcony door to see Hiro. I signal him '1 minute' and leave my room. Lucky me Liam's in the slower so I sneak down the fire escape since he probably looked the front door.

"Come on Y/n we'll be late" Hiro exclaims as he grabs my hand and start dragging me to good luck ally.

Once we find the bot fighting crowd, we spectate as Yama crushes his opponent.

"THE WINNER, BY TOTAL ANNIHILATION... YAMA!" The announcer cheers as Yama gets gets his money.

"Who's next?! Who has the guts to step into the ring with Little Yama?"

"Ironic name for a rather 'big' man" I mumble.

A lot of people hide their bots or break them since they're too scared to fight Yama.

"Can I try?" Hiro speaks up.

"Here we go again" I grumble to myself.

The crowd clears up to reveal Hiro and I to Yama.

"I have a robot. I built it myself" Hiro continues innocently as he hold up the, rather cute, looking bot.

That bot might look cute but it's deceiving .

I notice Yama looking at us like 'Wtf' and get nervous. Hiro must've seen my state cause he grabs my hand. The crowd bursts out laughing at us.

"Beat it, kids! House rules: You gotta pay to play" The announcer says.

"Oh. Uh... is this enough?" I ask holding up a handful of crumbled money.

Yama smirks at the money he's going to make.

"What's your name, kids?" Didn't this guy take English classes.

"Hiro. Hiro Hamada and this is Y/n L/n" Hiro introduces us shyly.

"Prepare your bot... Zero"

Hiro takes a seat opposite Yama and I stand behind him. They prepare themselves and their bots.

"Two bots enter, one bot leaves. Fighters ready...? FIGHT!" The announcer removes the umbrella.

Hiro's bot is destroyed in seconds but that's all part of the plan.

"That was my first fight. I-I– Ca-Can I try again?" He asks, stammering on purpose.

"No one likes a sore loser, little boy.Take your girlfriend and go home." He Snarks.

"I've got more money" This time He pulls out a ton of cash, bribing Yama.

Hiro places the rest of the cash in the plate and so does Yama.