chapter 11

Father Gordon came right away. Everyone knew what it smelled like.

"An exorcism will be necessary." He looked at Ed and then at Lorraine. "I don't see any other option. The demon is in you, Lorraine." Lorraine didn't know what to say.

"How is that even possible?" Ed interjected. "We were careful."

"Apparently not careful enough." Father sighed. "The sooner the better. I'll give you a moment and then we'll start." Ed and Lorraine exchanged worried glances. Ed sat down next to her.

"Can you do it? Because if not, we'll find another way. I'm sure..."

"Ed..." She interrupted him. "There's no other way. Let's do it." She smiled. "It'll be fine."

"But if something were to go wrong..."

"I know, I'll tell you." She interrupted him again and smiled. "I can do it." She put her head on Ed's shoulder and he kissed her forehead.

After a while Father Gordon came and started the exorcism. Father started praying in Latin and Ed helped him. At first everything went well. Lorraine felt fine and the demon didn't attack but the closer we got to the end the worse it got. Lorraine stopped communicating. Suddenly there was silence. When Father wanted to continue there was a loud laugh. It was coming from Lorraine but it wasn't her.

"Lorraine?" Ed said and tried to get closer, but Father stopped him.

"It's not her." Father said.

"You're right." The voice said. "She's gone." The laughter started.

"No! Lorraine!" shouted Ed. "I know you're there! You're stronger than that. Fight!" said Ed while the voice coming out of Lorraine kept laughing. "Lorraine, you're stronger. Remember me. Our love. It's love that's strong." Then a scream rang out. It was Lorraine who had managed to break through the demon.

"Ed!" She screamed. "Help me!"

Father Gordon began to continue the exorcism. "Ed, talk to her. It helps." He said.

"Lorraine, fight it. You can do it. You can beat it. There's a reason God called you to this. There's a reason he brought us together." said Ed. 

Lorraine screamed. But she kept fighting. Memories popped into her head. The day she was married, the day she met Ed, the day Judy was born. This gathered together was more powerful than anything else. Lorraine turned on and felt the demon leave her body.

"In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I cast you back to hell!" Father Gordon said in conclusion. And then it all stopped. Lorraine was free. Ed immediately ran to her and hugged her.

"Oh, God, that's good. Are you okay?" He said and kissed her on the cheek.

"Yes. I'm fine." She smiled from ear to ear.

Ed and Lorraine thanked Father Gordon and invited him to dinner. Georgiana and Judy came too. Everyone had a great time at dinner.

___________________________________________________

Okay, so that's the end of the story. I know the last chapters have been a little rough, but I've had a hard time getting going because I've had a hard time in my life.

Thank you all! I hope you enjoyed it because I put a lot of heart into it. Especially at the beginning.

I'm going to write a new story. But I'm wondering if I should write another long one or just something like "One shots" so let me know in the comments. 

BYEEEEEEE!