chapter 7

Alex looked at Ed with surprise and slight fear because he thought he had said something wrong. "What?" he asked.

"Lorraine said you were friends, and that's all."

"I don't think she told you the whole truth. Yes, we were friends, but we were more than that, and she knows it. I knew she was special and I thought she was meant for me, but some stupidity drove us apart and she found you." he looked at Ed and smiled insincerely. "And you were married.. Why she didn't tell you"

Ed sighed. " I don't know but I'll find out" He went back to Lorraine. Lorraine was already feeling better. She started talking, but she was still weak.

"Hey, where you been." she said in a hoarse voice.

"I was with alex. We talked." he said and lay down on the bed next to Lorraine.

"About what?". Lorraine laid her head on his chest and felt him breathe which always calms her.

"Nothing important. Let's go to sleep. Another long day tomorrow." he kissed her forehead and they both fell asleep. Ed has decided not to worry her for now and wait until she's better. The next day when Ed got up Lorraine was already awake. She was lying there staring at him. When Ed opened his eyes, she smiled.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" said Ed in a hoarse voice.

"I'm looking at the love of my life." she said and smiled. Ed blushed and kissed her on the lips. They got up and went to eat breakfast. After breakfast, Ed went to the store to get groceries for the family while Lorraine went outside for a walk. Alex joined her after a while.

"It's a beautiful area."Lorraine said looking around.

"Yeah. I know. My wife chose. She said it was the perfect place to raise a family." said Alex and smiled a little, but then became sad.

"Who was she?" Lorraine asked.

"It's Callie."

"Oh, my God!" Lorraine stopped. "Callie Soutdale? From us in class?"

"Yeah." he said and laughed. "Fate has brought us together."

"Oh, God. She was a great girl and certainly a wonderful wife."

"Yeah. But it wasn't the person I was meant for." said Alex and looked at Lorraine.

"Alex..."Lorraine sighed and started walking away. Alex went after her.

"What, Lorraine.?" he ran up to her. "There was a great chemistry between us."

Lorraine stopped. "Yes, it was. But that was 20 years ago and is long overdue. I don't know what you're getting at, Alex. I'm married, and if it didn't work out, blame yourself."

Alex sighs. "Are you happy? With him?"

"Yes, very very much. Ed is the best thing that ever happened to me. He's the love of my life and I would give anything for him. I love him very much, and we're happy, so give it a rest." Just then Ed arrived and saw Lorraine talking to Alex. He got a little pissed off and went over to them.

"Okay, I'm sorry". Alex said.

"Hey, what's going on here?" said Ed looking at Alex and Lorraine. "You're sorry for what?"

"For nothing". Ed, it's okay. Alex, go away". she said it because she saw that Ed was angry.

"And I think we need to talk. I need you to explain a few things to me." said Ed.

"What? What happened?" she asked concerned.

"You said you were just friends and yet he told me you were together and thought you'd spend your whole lives together. Then why did you lie to me, Lorraine? "Ed sighed. "Again..."

"I didn't want to worry you. It was one episode 20 years ago, and I just told him that. I said I'm the happiest woman in the world right now because I have you and you're everything to me. You're the one who believed in me and the one I truly fell in love with. You are my light in the darkest, Ed." she said, and went up to him and put her arms around his neck. Ed immediately lit up on his face and smiled.

"I love you." he said and kissed her.

"I love you too" she said with smile.

And they started walking towards the house until they heard a scream. It was Alex's younger daughter, Sylvie. Ed and Lorraine looked at each other in horror and immediately started running home. The scream came from Katie's room. They ran into the room and found Katie levitating and Sylvie terrified in the corner of the room. Lorraine ran over to Sylvie who was shaking and crying.

"Lorraine, stop!" shouted Ed. "Lorraine, come back here." Ed was afraid something would happen to her because he didn't know what to expect from a possessed Katie.

"Hey. It's okay." Lorraine was talking to Sylvie. "Come on, I'll get you out of here." she took Sylvie and got up. When they were almost at the exit, some force pushed her and Sylvie against the wall.

"Lorraine!" shouted Ed and tried to help her but something pushed him out of the room and slammed the door behind him.