[7] Tiptoe.

Pages being flipped and steps muffled by the soft carpet could be heard all around, as well as coughs and low murmurs. The tall, old bookshelves towered above Morris as he made his way to the librarian's desk.

     "Hello."

     Victor shushed him, nose shoved into a book.

     "Ugh." Morris said, sitting sideways on the desk and toying with his one of the ornaments, a bobble-head of Abraham Lincoln. Rocking the top-hat as always, Morris observed, longing after his own.

     "I told you to never come here. You just get bored and end up causing trouble." Victor whispered. "Dennis the Menace more like Morris the Menace."

     Morris sighed, continuing his observation of the tiny president.

     Victor looked up from his book. "You didn't laugh at a cartoon reference, what's wrong?"

     Morris shrugged.

     "And what are you wearing?"

     He was wearing casual clothes. As in, a long sleeve t-shirt and... black jeans. Stuff from... this era.

     "I'm so screwed Victor it's not even funny."

     "Shh." Victor sat up. "Come on this side."

     Morris took the bobble-head and did as asked, sitting down on the floor with his back pressed to the desk. Victor pushed his chair back a little and leaned forwards, elbows on knees.

     "I killed Vin's albino rat, then bought him a new one. He didn't notice and it was all okay until we got to the parking lot and he saw the corpse."

     Morris poked the books at the bottom shelf with the tip of his casual shoe. Vans. Ugh, how much more 25 could he get? He looked away.

     "Well?" he said.

     Victor was gazing into distance, fingers covering his bottom lip.

     "So what now?" Victor chose to ask, from all the possible questions regarding Morris's ridiculous statement.

     "I probably have, like, 23 black dots out of 10."

     "What's that?"

     "He- he's given me 7 the day I tried to offer him a ride. It probably meant he'd share that stupid video at 10. Which means he'll now share the video and leave the putrefying rat corpse in flames at my doorstep."

     Victor whisper-laughed. When you've been a librarian for quite some years, you grow to master such techniques.

     "Come on. If it's spread, you can just get him fired. He's in charge of the stuff after all."

     "Please, the IT have no trouble penetrating whatever computer they feel like. He'll just say the one with the footage had been hacked. Even if no one would believe him, he'd get away with it. Lack of evidence."

     "Either way, people will forget of it in a few weeks. It'll just be another passing thing. Remember that broadcasted mail containing high-school photos of the main receptionist? You still think she's attractive, don't you."

     "So hot." Morris sighed. "Still, it's... I'm quitting."

     "Or you could get him to leave."

     Morris squinted at him incredulously and put a stop to Lincoln's head bobble.

     "How didn't I think of that- oh right maybe because I can't just-" he shook his arms around.