2

Chapter 2

Opening my eyes I sigh and perform the hand signs necessary for the jutsu. "We have company." I speak aloud even though it was unnecessary. "Two teams. One coming from the direction of the sand. A four man team. Another four man team coming from the direction of the fire."

There was no response momentarily and I sat there waiting quietly. "Yes, Zetsu sees them. One led by Might guy coming from Konoha and the other Kakashi Hatake leading the team from the sand. Stay put." Is all he said before I felt him break the jutsu. Leaning my head back against the tree I close my eyes. Guy's team, and my old team huh. So that's where they were going the other day. The sand called for the leaf's aid. How the tides have turned I guess.

One thing is certain though. If they see me, they may wish to capture me. I may have to fight against my old team today because there is no way I am going back to be interrogated again. I couldn't help but smirk at the thought. I don't even know if they've labeled me a rogue ninja or figured the Akatsuki came back for me and took me. It would be pretty interesting to find out which.

I can feel Itachi's and Kisame's energies confronting the two teams. Leaving me to wait and see what happens. From the surge of the teams energies I tilt my head feeling the battles play out. They have all grown stronger since I last seen them. Neji, Ten-Ten, Lee, Guy. Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, and an elderly woman whose body has been riddled by age. Both fights were on going though the one I am most interested in was Itachi's. He was toying with them like usual and trying not to use too much Chakra. Their jobs, bide time using a certain portion of their Chakra. Jobs only they could do amongst the main Akatsuki force.

Five minutes. That is all they could stall them with the limited amount of Chakra. They did, however manage to slow both teams down. Both teams were now resting so they can regain their strength. Moving my attention to the hideout I pull out my canister and bring it to my lips. Letting the sweet sticky liquid slide down my throat. The body of the Jinjuriki hits the ground in a heap, life absent from the body. Another ninja, dead. I frown to myself and sigh. I hate it. It makes me sick and since I'm helping them, I'm just as guilty. Most of these Jinjuriki have done nothing wrong. They were cursed to living lives being hated and ostracized only to end up being killed by the Akatsuki. Most of them were hated enough that no one came looking for them.

All I can think of is at least now their existences are no longer tormented and tortured. Infact stealing the tailed beasts from the lands just means that they can't force that fate onto anyone else again. That is the only good thing about all of this. Pein says sacrificing a few is necessary to save the future. That I know, all too well. In the Death note world it was necessary as well. I just wish we could find a way that Naruto doesn't have to share the same fate. If there was a way to extract the beast from within him without killing him, that would be amazing.

Opening my eyes I look down at the entrance to the hideout as four ninja leap down onto the water in front of it. Tilting my head I take in the side of the small figures, I could see two wearing green, one pink, and another white. So the first to get here is Guy's team. It didn't take long for the next team to land on the water behind the first. They were talking but I am too far to hear what is being said and my energy blanket is thin enough I can't focus on their lip movement. Until the one in white brings his hands in a hand sign up to his face igniting his chakra. I watch as he takes a few seconds before he turns around and looks in my direction. "Well, it seems my position has been compromised." I sigh and stand as the other seven of them turn to look in the same direction.

It was then one of them disappears in a blur. Sighing I jump off the tree just before the kick that was meant for me hits the branch where I had been sitting. Jumping down to the water I sigh coming face to face with them as Kakashi lands next to Naruto. Reaching up slowly I watch their eyes taking in my every move as they all are ready to pounce. I pull my hat further down over my face in silence. Seeing Naruto so angry he was shaking. "What have you done with Gaara!" He finally yells at me. Gaara? That was the Jinjuriki's name? Huh. How did he ever become Kazekage?