Chapter 9

At the Alliance Meeting weeks later...

All were quiet as tension was thick.

The Blade of Marmora requested a meeting as they have heard of the bounty of the young Galra Hybrid with young. They considered Keith a member of their pack and when a pack member is threatened, especially with young on the way, it becomes personal. Prince Lotor had made an enemy of them the moment he decided to target Keith. They vowed to make certain he would wish he never even eyed their youngest member; they will be very certain of that. That is why the meeting was called.

"Thank you for having us. I know we have much to do if we are to stop the royal family from destroying the entire universe, but this is a matter of great importance." Kolivan began as they all sat down to discuss the issue at hand.

When he said a manner of great importance, he meant what was going on with Keith and his young litter within his belly. They were also informed of the bounty as they greatly wished to protect the young member of the blade and prevent the empire from getting their hands on him and the babies. But there had been far too many close calls for both Voltron and the Blade to be comfortable with. Keith plays it off too easily and it was causing way too many white hairs for those who love him.

"So, this is about Mullet and his mini mullets?" Lance wondered as Pidge snickered a bit on the mini mullets.

"Hey, don't call my young 'mini mullets'." Keith hissed as Shiro touched his belly to calm him down.

Since the pregnancy, Keith has become more cat-like every day.

"Indeed. Since the young need to be protected as well as their mother, it would be best if Keith returns with us back to our base." Kolivan advised as everyone on Voltron (except for Keith who really couldn't do it anymore since his belly is too big) stood upwards.

"What?" Shiro questioned as he was the guardian that Keith picked to protect him.

"How dare you say-?" Allura began but Kolivan interrupted her irate and up incoming brawl from the misunderstanding.

"It is not of doubt in your ability to protect him, you have shown to be quite capable. But to narrow it down, war is no place for someone expected to bring new life to the world. Keith should not take part in the war until his young come into the world. Especially since Lotor is hunting for him."

"So, they can't find Keith if he's somewhere that they don't believe it exist," Shiro concluded as he bad feeling in his gut.

"Hang on, who said I'm out? I can still fight!" Keith growled as he hated to be completely babied.

"Keith, they're right." Shiro sighed as Keith looked like he wanted to argue but Shiro continued, "The babies need to be taken care of and you need to be in safe hands. We'll deal with Lotor and the Galra while you are away."

"Shiro-."

"Please, Keith. I love you more than anything as my brother and as my closest friend. I want to protect you and your babies." Shiro begged as he clasped his hands, "Let us protect our hope, let us protect you."

He hated how Shiro would say such things, but he knew he was right and conceded.

"We can contact him whenever we wish?" Shiro requested as the leader of the blade nodded.

"Anytime you wish."

Voltron soon joined in a group hug as they knew Keith would be leaving soon.

At the Hanger...

Keith had all his things gathered and his supplies ready as they were saying their goodbyes to their previous Red Paladin.

"Keep to your diet, take it easy, no training, keep up with appointments, inform them if you feel any different or feel something wrong, call us anytime you want, and keep your health up." Shiro listed off as he gave Keith a kiss on the head.