The flash of pink hair.

'Wilbur!'

He ran away from Techno's voice, the sound catching on the wind as blew his hair into his face. Wilbur briefly turned around when he saw the tree's outline come into his view, his heart beating rapidly at the sight of pink hair catching up to him. But Wilbur was faster, and he soon found himself gaining more ground-on Techno, the others becoming a decreasing threat when they didn't arrive in his vision.

His breaths came out shorter and shorter as he ran past the campsites main entrance, the familiar silhouettes of shops dashed around him as he joined the sparse crowd. Wilbur's mind carried him to a forest, knowing that he could lose Techno in the tress easily, but he had to get over the open field to reach there. A quick dash over his shoulder told him that Techno was nowhere near, allowing Wilbur to slow down and catch his breath as he warily observed the field to cross it.

Wilbur had hoped that this day wouldn't happen, the belief that an uncommon campsite would be enough to hide him for a few weeks shattering as the minutes passed. He should have been more prepared, more aware of what was happening before he was stood face to face with them. Wilbur didn't even want to know the extent of the pain that Techno must have hidden behind his crafted expression.

He was meant to leave Brighton in a few days, and Wilbur was only hoping that he could survive that long without any of his things. The idea of returning to grab whatever was left seemed dangerous, and Wilbur knew that he would have to be more careful from now on. He only hoped that the tent and his leftover money was enough to pay for what they wanted as Wilbur didn't quite fancy the continuous manhunt before he could leave the city.

Wilbur sniffled, catching the tears that fell on his sleeve as he fast walked towards the trees. Panic was starting to set in, and Wilbur wasn't sure how long he could ward it off for until he had to stop running. He gave up on attempting not to cry, the complete shock of seeing them again setting off several emotions that Wilbur had wanted to avoid. There was a reason that he left early, and their expressions reminded him of that.

Wilbur wasn't sure if he could handle their pity, the very thought of it making him want to start running again.

He reached the shade, shielding him from the fields direct view. Wilbur sighed in relief, leaning against one of the trees as he tried to control his breathing. Knowing he would have to move soon, he gradually lifted himself up and started walking, his muscles protesting at all the sudden exercise. His adrenaline had worn off, and he could now feel the painful effects of sprinting without any prior warning.

Wilbur wasn't entirely sure what to do. He knew that Techno would be hunting him like prey so he had to be smart, hiding in the places that he was sure Techno wouldn't check. Wilbur wanted to return to the campsite, gather his things and any money that they didn't take before leaving to get a head start. He knew he couldn't, he knew that Phil and Tommy would still be there. Wilbur needed to figure out where to go and fast.

A flash of pink hair dashed into his view, causing his anxiety to spike again. He didn't think before he was running, narrowly avoiding the branches that threatened to hit him as he navigated through the forest. Breathing quickly, he tried to run faster, the aches on his legs causing him to limp as his pace began slowing. Techno was gaining on him, and he knew he couldn't do anything about it.

Techno reached for his wrist, yanking it backwards as arms encased him and pulled him closer. Warmth engulfed him, holding him close as their breathing synched; it felt almost intimate, and tears began drifting down his face again. Wilbur fidgeted in the bear hug, his energy draining as he battled to escape. He needed to run; he didn't want to face him-