Watermelon ducks.

(A week later...)

Tommy was beyond excited. He ate his breakfast as fast as he could, only slowing down when Phil nagged at him, before running to his room to get changed. He was meeting with Tubbo today and he planned to drag Wilbur along with him, wanting him to meet his best friend. They were meeting at a local park that was near both their houses and despite the several hundred times they had been there, they always found something new to do.

Convincing Wilbur to move faster turned out to be a challenge, but Tommy was never one to back down! He grabbed everything Wilbur could need, already annoyed when he had to wait for him to tie his shoes laces. Why was he even wearing his old pair anyway? He didn't ponder over this for very long, choosing to drag him out the house before he could find something else to delay them even more.

'Who are we meeting again?' Wilbur asked when they started walking. Apparently, Tommy hadn't told him enough times throughout the morning.

'Tubbo, my best friend. How have you forgotten already? I literally told you when we were leaving the house.' He tutted; faux disappointment clear on his face.

'Well, I'm sorry for not paying full attention when you were dragging me out the house before I could fully do my shoelaces.' Wilbur pointed to his half done up lace that he had tucked into his shoe as they walked.

'You were taking too long,' he whined in response. It wasn't his fault that he wanted to be at least 20 minutes early. Wilbur shoved him gently making him fall slightly onto the dirt (Wilbur had insisted on walking by the road, Tommy chose to disregard the implications of this) he shouted in response, lightly pushing him as well. Tommy ignored the way his breathing picked up when Wilbur fell onto the road as a car was driving past.

'Why are you even wearing those shoes anyway?' He asked as the park came into their view. 'Didn't Phil buy you new ones.' He couldn't remember seeing Wilbur wear any of the clothes that Phil had brought him, yet alone wearing his new pair of shoes.

'Yeah he, umm, did,' stuttered Wilbur, an emotion that Tommy didn't recognise flashed in his eyes before he could hide it. He sometimes wished that he was better at reading what people were thinking like Techno was, wanting to know why Wilbur was conflicted. At least Tommy was better at lightening moods.

'Why aren't you wearing them?' He pushed lightly, walking a bit slower as they were approaching the park. Wilbur shrugged in reply, distracted by some of the children that were running around.

'Is this the park?'

'No, it's a watermelon.' Joked Tommy as they opened the gate to the park, moving out of the way for the children to run out.

'Is that where that climbing frame's inspiration came from?'

--

One of the reasons that Tommy loved this park so much was the sheer size of it. Phil had always told him that large parks were uncommon in cities and that the one he had found was probably one of the only ones of that size in Brighton. He loved meeting Tubbo here because of that. Well, and the number of things they could do here.

Tommy was sat on one of the park's benches with Wilbur as they waited, watching him tie his shoelace against the wood. Tubbo had texted him, saying that he would be there in five minutes and his knees had started bobbing up and down out of excitement. It was the summer holidays, yet this was the first time they had been able to meet, both being busy whenever they tried to arrange something.

They had been texting a lot over the summer, but he preferred talking to Tubbo in person, enjoying the random things they blurt out before they can even think. Tommy had told him about Wilbur in their messages, texting Tubbo whenever he needed advice on what to do since Tubbo was oddly good at giving it. He decided to bring Wilbur to meet him, asking Tubbo beforehand if he would be okay with that.