Part 5

Ran Yakumo crosses off the remaining ingredient she purchased. As well as carefully watch the young man who is walking beside her. According to (Y/N), he's out alone due to the inattentiveness of his surrounding. Even now, he's is still engrossed by the village's atmosphere. She wishes to find a market sooner. As it would be easier for her to shop while keep watching the young man standing in one spot.

"Ah, looks like we've arrived." In front of them is a grocery shop. Ran thought this particular store will usually have a full stock of tofu. The shop is not crowded as he thought, so (Y/N) thought he could join with her. That is until he spotted something that interests him. A shop called Suzunaan. Nothing more written on it. It's located not far from where he is. 

"Ran, can I go to that building over there," the young man pointed at it.

"Huh? Oh, that store? Sure, just do not wander too far okay?"

You end the conversation with a nod and proceed to head for the shop. Once you're there, you encounter a room full of bookshelves. The books are of course neatly place on the bookshelf. Each within their own respective categories from where they are being kept. During examining, you found a girl at the end of the room. She has twin tails adorned with bells, wears a checkered kimono and apron. She's at her counter, focusing on the reading. Finally, she took off her glasses and notices you. 

"Oh! A customer? Welcome to the Suzunaan book renter! How can I help you?" she stands up walks closer to him.

When she's near him, the girl looks closely at him. "You're an outsider? I see. So you wanna know how to return to your world right?"

"Not really." It reveals to him that it's just a book store. While (Y/N) is not a book nerd, he could at least spend his time with something productive, "I'm here just to find a book that interests me."

"I understand, young man. If you ever need anything just call me. I, Kosuzu Motoori, will try my best to help you!" the cheerful girl begins with a smile.

"Thank you. I'm (Y/N)(L/N)."

"Very well, (Y/N). I shall leave you alone with the books unless you need me. Also, don't be surprised if you find some of the books that seem familiar to you. They are in fact, from your world," she returns to her table and resumes her reading.

Well, that's made it easier for him to find something to read. While searching, he'll try not to stay for too long. Ran must be worried if she can't find him. Just like them. After a certain amount of time, the young man finally found what he was looking for. With the book grasp by his hand, he immediately made his way to the counter. There, Kosuzu, smiling at him while approached by him. 

"This book huh?" she said as she examines it, "Okay! Please wait a bit so I can register your name."

And then out of nowhere, you remembered. You can't borrow it because you don't even have money to begin with. How could you be this forgetful? Kosuzu sees your panicked reaction. She asks what's causing you. You proceed to tell her about it.

"Hmmm, that's alright. You can still have it."

"Excuse me...?"

"I said you can borrow it," she smiles, "Of course, you also can borrow any books when you're done reading the book you're previously borrowed here."