Sonder

For a while now, I have tried to empathize with random people in public that annoys me. Like, maybe the lady that pushed me aside in the train station was rushing to the airport so they don't have to miss the flight to see her parents for the holidays. Or maybe the person that stepped on my feet actually did it on accident, and did not have a grudge against me. Or maybe the weird dude that hands were shaking so much had a disease so they could not help but shake their hands uncontrollably. So I keep making excuses for people around me because I did not understand their whole life story and therefore did not have the right to judge them for what they did. Because I wouldn't want someone for judging me if I had to push past them so I could see my dying pet one last time.

   Then, a few days ago, I saw this article on Buzzfeed bout the 32 of the most beautiful words in the English language (I will add a link in the comments so you guys can see). When I reached the word sonder (the realization that each passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own), I was like "wow, this is deep". I don't think I have ever related this much to a word, and yesterday on the train, I was like looking at everyone differently. Like wow. It was amazing.

   This is actually quite a nice topic to write about, I just might come up with a book about this!!