Chapter 13

Tom's POV:

Today is the day Hope's friend gets here. For the past week, Hope has been running up and down making sure everything is ready for her arrival. She took care of fixing her room, making the list of groceries, and making sure anything that Mar could possibly need was available. As well as some activities for them to do here at home since going out is not an option.

"This is all we have for now about Alfonso Santos." Harrison says as him and I are working in my office. I sit back on my chair and Harrison's phone rings.

"She's here." He says hanging up the call. We both stand up and walk towards the entrance. On my way out I find Hope in the kitchen talking to the chef.

"Hope." I say and she turns quickly. "Your friend is here." I add and she smiles widely before walking fast to exit the house. We all stood in the entrance as we see the black SUV come from the main gate. When it comes to a fully stop in front of us, the back door of the car opens revealing a brunette girl getting off. Hope immediately runs towards the girl and hugs her. I can see tears in the girl's eyes and I don't need to see Hope to know she has them too.

"I missed you so much." Hope says still hugging her friend.

"Me too." Mar says back. "I have a surprise for you." She says and as she moves from the way, a black haired guy gets of the car as well.

"Diego!" Hope says and throws her arms around the guy's neck and he hugs her back picking her up and spinning her once.

"She looks happier to see him than to see her." Harrison whispers and I elbow him on his side and he chuckles. He is right though, she looks too happy about seeing this guy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I also wanted to see you." He says.

"Come on let's go inside." She says and turns around to walk towards the entrance. Her smile faded away slowly as they got closer to me.

"Mar, Diego, this is Tom." She says introducing me to then.

"Hello and welcome. It's nice to meet you." I say.

"Nice to meet you as well." Mar says back.

"We'll be inside." She says and attempts to start walking again.

"Actually," I say stopping her. "I would like to talk to your friend Diego."

"What?" She asks. Her green eyes open widely.

"Just for a moment. If you're not too tired from your trip." I say referring to Diego.

"No im not. We can talk." Diego says back.

"Wait no, why?" Hope asks me. Concern in her face.

"Hope." I say giving her a don't-try-me-right-now look.

"Hey rubia it's ok. I know how to take care of myself." Diego says to her.

"But.." she tries to argue.

"It's ok." He says grabbing her hand.

I turn around and walk back to my office. Harrison next to me, Diego behind me.

"Come in and sit down." I say to him and he listens.

"Are you upset I'm here?" He asks.

I chuckle. "No, I knew you were coming." I say confident. "It's something else I want to talk about."

"I don't think you and I have anything to talk about."

"Yes we do, Hope."

"Are you going to tell me about how you kidnapped her to bring her here?" He asks in a serious tone.