Chapter 8

The rest of our very lovely yet unwanted wedding was spent by Tom talking to some men in a table in the corner, and me taking care of the rest of the guests. A lot of people kept telling me of the admiration they have towards Tom. I don't understand, he's a murderer and a drug dealer, I don't know what they could possibly admire but oh well. After pretending to be the perfect couple for the evening, Tom went to his room and I went to mine. And today things have been the same. I've been in my room most of the day, only go out for my meals, and Tom has been god knows where, we stay out of each other's way. I go to the kitchen to eat dinner and as I walk in 5 men sitting in the dinning table stand up quickly.

"Evening Mrs. Holland, do you need anything?" One of them ask.

Mrs. Holland. Yuck.

"No, no I'm just here to get dinner. You can continue eating." I say and they nod and sit back down. I serve myself a plate quickly and rush out the kitchen back to my room. Not long after, I head towards the kitchen one more time to take my dirty dishes when I'm met by Jacob.

"Hello Mrs. Holland." He says in a playful tone.

"Do not call me like that. I might stab you." I say holding my fork in my hand.

"Ooh so aggressive." He says and we laugh.

"What's all this?" I ask referring to the boxes on the counter.

"Left overs from your wedding." He answers.

I go through the boxes and find a bottle of champagne. "Ta-da" I say holding the bottle. "Look what I found." I say.

"Yeah you have your fun with that."

"We, friend, we." I say as I look for a couple of glasses.

"No can't do. I'm on the job lady." He says.

"And am I not your boss' wife so your boss too at the end of the day?" I ask holding the glasses on my hand. "I give you permission to drink with me."

"You're funny Hope, Tom would have my head if he finds me drinking, especially with his wife. And as much as I like you, I like my head where it's at."

"Well your loss." I say as I pour some champagne on my glass and drink it.

Jacob stayed with me for a while until he had to go do his round and then be on watch for the night. I continue drinking by myself, which I should say is a bad idea since I'm not used to alcohol. I'm sitting on a stool on the kitchen island when Bella walks in.

"Hope."

"Hello Bella." I say obviously intoxicated.

"What are you doing here by yourself."

"Celebrating." I say lifting up the bottle. "Didn't you hear I got married?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah I did, I also heard you had a lovely wedding."

"Yeah, it would've been the best day of my life if only.." I say and doce out.

"If only what?" Bella asks bringing me back.

"If only I would've married someone I actually love and not someone I actually hate." I say and laugh. Bella looks at me confused.

"You- you don't love Tom?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"You're very pretty Bella, you have beautiful hair you know that?" I say.

"Thank you Hope, but wait a second, you just said you don't love Tom? Or I heard wrong?"

"I don't, i hate him, but shhh it's a secret." I say and laugh. "I hope the day you get to marry someone it's for love, I really wish that for you. You know what, let's have a toast for your future wedding. Cheers." I say chugging the champagne left in my glass.