Chapter 3

Chapter 3

          Mikhail awoke in a dark alley sitting on a wooden box next to a trash dumpster. How the hell did I get here? she asked herself as she hoisted herself up from the box rubbing her head. She looked around and realized she knew exactly where she was, in the back of Lorenzo's bar. She smirked and pulled her brown leather jacket on tighter before walking into the bar.

          "Lorenzo! What's up bud?" She called to the bartender.

          He grimaced, "why are you here Mikhail? Every time you show up something gets broken."

          "Jeez, I always pay for it." Mikhail sat down at the bar and crossed her legs. "Anybody ever told you that you're too uptight?"

          "Anybody ever told you that you're annoying?"

          "Oh just get me a drink would you?"

          "Not tonight. I'm not in the mood for a fight today so how about you just leave instead of me throwing you out." Lorenzo nodded his head toward the door and she sighed.

          "What if I promise I'll be good tonight?" She gave her best innocent smile.

          "You're never good, Mikhail. Now I'm not going to ask you again." This time Lorenzo pointed at the door. Mikhail sighed and got up and headed for the door. "Oh and Mikhail," Lorenzo called to her. She turned around and put her hand on her hip. "That guy, Jimmy keeps asking for your number. Would you kick his ass next time so he'll shut up?" She just shook her head and walked out.

          "Guess I need to find a new bar to hang at." She mumbled to herself.

          "Leslie?" Mikhail turned to see a tall, handsome boy with black spiky hair getting off his motorcycle. Hott, she thought to herself.

          "Sorry, do I know you?" She responded as she let her eyes rake over his body. He looked like a bad boy with his leather jacket, skinny jeans, and black combat boots.

          "Damn, forgot me already? Fall into a guy's arms and then when you see him again you can't even remember him?" He flashed her a kind smile and she couldn't help but think how kissable his lips were.

          "Oh wait I do know you. You're Andre, Alyson little boyfriend."

          "Little? Boyfriend? Jeez Leslie, you're killing me here."

          "Yeah, I like to go by Mikhail."

          "Mikhail? That's a cool name. What's that like your middle name or something?" He put his helmet down on the bike seat and walked to stand in front of her.

          "Or something. Anyways, it was nice seeing you again but I gotta go. On a bit of a time limit." She started to walk away from him but he caught her hand. She spun around quickly twisting his arm so that he was forced to turn with her pinning his arm to his back.

          "Ouch!" he cried.

          "Do not touch me." She said in a low growl.

          "Okay, okay!" She let him go and he quickly pulled his arm back rubbing it gently. "Feisty one, aren't you?"

          "I don't like being touched." She growled. He stepped closer to her.

          "Even by me?"

          "Especially by you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do."