The Answer

"Mom always told me views from the peak are always the best. She's right. It's beautiful here." Patrick said while enjoying the sunrise scene beside Keyu. He turn his head to look at Keyu.

"Why did you bring me here, again?"

Without looking at him, Keyu answered,

"Cuz I just want to?"

Patrick woke up early since he went to bed early last night. He went downstairs and saw the breakfast are already served. Once he's done eating Keyu took him here, at the top of a mountain. They sit on a big rock and enjoy the view there.

The time just filled with silence and Patrick just remembered about the question Keyu want him to answer.

"I think, The Strong will survive. Not only that, he also protect The Smart and they both survived. Bedtime stories must be with a happy ending right, .. Keyu?"

"You think people like me telling fairytales? You can stop thinking that I'm nice from now. Now, what I told you was just the one side story. That's just the king's point of view. While from the other side, Strong and Smart got a very good friendship. They always help and took care of each other. And they really like to dare each other to see who can be the real man among them two. The time when the king left them in the wild forest, they've made a promise to fight by themselves, means that they can't help each other.

They've success to survive to the fifth day. On the sixth day, they bumped into each other. They have a little talk and without realising, there was a wolf passing by and attacked them. Without thinking about his friend's safety, Smart climb on a tall tree while Strong also didn't care about his friend's condition, he faced with the wolf and started to fight with it. Unexpectedly, the wolf devoured Strong's leg. Smart from above couldn't see his friend suffering so he throws a big strong branch down. Strong takes it and use it as his weapon and he was saved.

A feeling of envy arose into Strong. He thinks Smart did that because he wants to be selected, because he was being kind. Strong started to feels that he will do anything to make Smart failed the test. Then he thought of using the dark magic. Only Smart know that his friend learnt dark arts back then.

The next day, they meet again. This time, Smart can feels that Strong is acting different. And his guts are right. Strong wanna meet him here to have a battle with him. They fight and attack each other and of course, Strong won, because of the dark magic. He lost consciousness and spelled his friend, Smart into a werewolf. Smart is totally shocked cuz his friend just betrayed him. He ran and hid into the forest and suffering alone with his worst condition. While Strong, he was chosen by the king because he managed to survive in one week." Keyu keep looking on the ground when he talk.

Patrick couldn't take his eyes off from Keyu. He can see that Keyu seems sad when he told the story. He don't know if he should ask anything about the story Keyu told him.

"Is, Strong a wizard?" Well, he just try to ask.

"Mhmm.. But you know what, it's totally different with your answer. You think that Strong will protect Smart. You're really on Strong's side.." Keyu said and look at Patrick in the eyes.

"Yeah, I should think more. You know, like including the good and bad side. Your question just made me realized that, I really need to think seriously different the normal answers. And, ...  umm..."

Patrick said while he is actually try to find something else to say because he is very nervous right now. Keyu keep looking into his eyes without saying anything. After a moment, Patrick braven himself to break the awkwardness.

"Uhh, you got anything to ask, Keyu? I know you're the type who doesn't like to ask questions. But it's okay, it's just me. You can ask me anything."