Chapter Six: Perfection Within Imperfection.

Your P.O.V.

I woke up to the scent of eggs and freshly made toast. My eyes slowly open as I sit up, still in Mark's bed. As I try and wake myself up more, I attempt to recall what happened last night. "Think, (y/n), think! What all happened..?" I thought to myself, feeling more aware now. Minecraft.. Bob and Wade... The drinks.. Memories started to fit together in my mind like a puzzle.

~Flashback~

"Yeah.. I'm fine. But I still think you two need to just kiss already." Wade said bluntly, his voice a bit slurred, due to the alcohol. I blinked in surprise at the straightforwardness his voice had, even though he had alcohol in him. I bit my lower lip slightly and slowly looked at Mark. He was already looking at me, his brown eyes soft. His expression was gentle and his eyes stared deeply into my own. This caused my cheeks to feel very warm and I'm sure they were pretty red at this point.

Mark brought his hand to my cheek and caressed it softly, still keeping his eyes on mine. I released my lower lip, looking back into his eyes. The YouTuber slowly leaned in, closing his eyes. My eyelids fluttered closed as our lips lightly brushed against each other. "I hope you know.. I'm not drunk at the moment." He whispered in a low tone of voice, which made my heart race. "Me too." I whispered back and he smiled in response. Mark then kissed me softly, slowly, lovingly.

Butterflies went wild in my stomach, my heartbeat became quicker and my cheeks felt so hot that I thought they were gonna melt. I kissed back gently, taking in all of these newfound feelings. After a moment, we slowly pulled away, our eyes opening. Mark immediately gave away a bright smile and I couldn't help but smile back just as brightly.

~End of Flashback~

I softly touched my lips with a couple fingers as I remembered the kiss. A smile played at my mouth as I put my hand down and got out of the bed. "I want to shower before going down, but I don't have extra clothes with me. I should've thought about that earlier." I thought to myself and walked into the kitchen to find Mark finish up cooking.

He looked over at me, his floof pretty tossled. Mark gave a bright smile, motioning to a plate of food already waiting for me on the counter. "Good morning, beautiful. I made breakfast. You know, common courtesy and stuff." He explained with a soft chuckle. I laughed along with him and went to the plate of food. "Thank you." I replied softly and ate. The food was pretty good, scrambled eggs were fluffy and the toast was lightly toasted. Perfect.

After I finished, I put the dish and silverware into the sink, washing them. "You don't have to do that." Mark said with a slight smile.
"Common courtesy." I simply quoted him and he laughed.
"Hey, don't shove my words back at me." Mark joked.

I completed washing the dishes, then turned to face him. "May I use your shower and borrow some clothes? I didn't anticipate falling asleep like I did." I asked, followed by a quick explanation. Mark chuckled again and nodded.
"Go right ahead. I'll get you some clothes." He said, then went into his room. I walked over to the bathroom, figuring out how to turn on the water. Once I grasped the concept, the YouTuber walked in, holding a towel and some clothes.

"I, uh.. Don't really have any undergarments for you. Considering I'm a guy." He said awkwardly. I laughed at this and accepted the towel and clothes.
"That's alright. Thank you." I reassured.
Mark smiled, nodded and left the bathroom. I closed the door after him and slid out of my clothes. I took a shower, dried off and put on the clothes provided to me.

It was dark grey sweatpants and a plain light grey shirt. The clothes were a bit big on me, but I didn't mind. I combed through my hair and exited the bathroom, placing the towel in a laundry basket and holding the dirty clothes. Mark approached me with a plastic bag and took the dirty clothes from me, placing them in the bag. "Here ya go!" He said, handing me the bag, making the clothes easier to carry. I smiled and took the bag.
"Thanks." I replied and Mark nodded.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked kindly.
"Not really. Though, I do need to go home pretty soon.." My voice trailed off slightly. He frowned for a fraction of a second. Did he want me to stay?
"Alright, let me drive you then. No walking this time!" He said teasingly, which caused me to laugh.

I grabbed my laptop and went into the living room to meet Mark at the front door. He looked me over for a moment, causing me to blush slightly. "You know.. You look adorable in my clothes." He said with a goofy grin. I shoved him lightly and playfully in response, making him chuckle. He opened the front door for me in a gentleman-like fashion. I smiled and thanked him, walking out the door. He nodded and exited after me, closing and locking the door behind himself.

We went out to his car and got in. He started the car after we closed our doors and pulled away from the driveway. The car ride home was pretty quiet, but I didn't mind. We enjoyed each other's mere company.

After about ten minutes, he pulled into my driveway and cut off the engine. Mark quickly got out and ran to my side of the car, opening my door. "M'lady." He said with a fake accent. I laughed and exited the car.
"Thank you, kind sir." I replied in the same accent. He closed the door after I got out and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Do I get a tip?" Mark asked with a smile. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. He returned the affection and we pulled away slowly.

"Thanks again, for everything." I said gently with a warm smile. I turned to leave when I felt a hand in mine, making me stop without hurting me.
"Wait, (y/n)." Mark said and I turned around, giving him a look of confusion.

"I never really asked officially, but.." His voice trailed off a bit, showing obvious nervousness. His soft brown eyes finally meet my own as he continues,
"W-Would you.. Would you be my girlfriend? I think I'm in love with you. You may not see it, but I perfection in you. You're so beautiful to me.. A-And I want to give you the love that you deserve!" Mark asked, followed by a confession.

My face felt very warm as this all happened and I felt my heart race. Butterflies went wild in my stomach, repeating each of his words in my mind. I gave him a bright smile as I replied, "Yes, I will."

He then gently pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me in a warm embrace. I return the hug, softly breathing in his comforting scent.

"You can trust me." Mark repeated his quote from last night.

I believe him. I really and truly do.

// GM: Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. ^^ Please check out my story titled, "You're Not Alone". Have a nerdy day~!//