Part 5

"I felt her absence. it was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn't need to run to the mirror to know they were gone"

--

After that day, everything went okay for Jennie. After that night, Lisa became quiet for few days but then, everything went normal again. It was as if nothing happened. Lisa was also been busier, she would go back and forth from South Korea to Singapore for her family business. 

Despite her busy schedule, she never forgets to tell Jennie how her day went. She would call her or even just text her—and Jennie would listen. It's just... it wasn't the same anymore. Jennie was so sure that Lisa could sense it, but she played dumb.

"...and so, my dad brought me to this street, it has some murals. You do know how much I love street art, right?" Lisa said over the phone.

Jennie was laying in bed while she listened to Lisa's great stories in Singapore. Lisa has always been a fan of arts, any art that she could find, could make her fall in love with it right away. Jennie always loves seeing how Lisa's eyes glimmer whenever she was talking about it, how she could be so excited about it, hence it makes Jennie miss the latter—it has been very confusing for her lately—confuse about the feeling she has for Lisa.

"That must be so fun. I can sense your excitement from here"

Lisa laughed, "I am! I jiggled so much yesterday. How I wish you were here with me"

Jennie curved a small smile, "too bad I wasn't there"

"We should travel, the both of us, in the future"

"Sure"

There was silence for a moment, until Lisa sighed, "I miss you, a lot"

Jennie slightly felt bad, it's not like she didn't miss the latter, however, she knew she didn't miss her that much—she even enjoyed her time a lot when Lisa was busy. But she couldn't just let Lisa's words hanging, so she lied and said, "I miss you too"

"Good. I started to think that you didn't miss me" she added and chuckled.

Jennie was taken aback, still amazed at how Lisa could be really sharp noticing it, or she just blabbered, "What, why?"

"I don't know... it's just that. We rarely interacting and as far as I remember, I was always the first one texting you"

"Ah, hehe, it's not that. It was because every time I want to text you, you texted me first. That's just timing, baby. Don't think about it too hard, okay? How was the business going?" Jennie stated, she changed the topic real fast, didn't want to make the atmosphere awkward.

"The business is doing fine. There were some investors that were interested in our product. My dad is always open to that opportunity. Good investors, good talk to the media, good stock price. It's a win-win situation"

"Wow, look at you now talking like a true businesswoman, huh?"

Lisa chuckled, "I'm learning. I guess college ain't my thing"

"But college is important for your image to the investor, you know?"

"I know that, baby"

"Good. Then you should finish your study soon, yeah?"

"As long as you are here with me"

"Baby, I'm not joking"

"Okay, ma'am. I'll do as you said"