How Much More Can My Heart Handle?

I feel so bad for not updating, and how long it took. I'm so sorry, I just have major writers block, every time I write something, I just go back and delete it. That's what her outfit looks like.

~~~~~~~~~~

When I saw Shane walking out the door, my heart broke to pieces. It felt like I needed him here, like he was a part of me. But he's not my mate. That hurt much more, because I think I was slowly falling for Shane. He was sweet, and was always there for me.

After 5 minutes of absolute silence, I stood up and had a nice relaxing shower. When I was dressed in a black crop top with a plaid black and red skirt, along with my favorite black knee length boots, I exited the room and walked out. Today was Tuesday so I had Liliana with me today. I walked across the bloody red corridors and thought back to yesterday. My first kiss was lost to Ace, Shane comforted me, the only was to tell the difference between the two, was that Shane's eyes were slightly hooded. I had been walking blindly and suddenly walked into a wall. I moved back to see that it wasn't a wall it was Xavier. "Yo," I smiled politely at him and said hello. "Where are you going?"

"Liliana's room, can you show me where it is?" He nodded, then started walking off. I ran a little to catch up to him. I was walking just slightly behind him when Ace turned around the corner. Our eyes connected, I held it for a moment and broke eye contact. Ace turned around and walked back into his room. Xavier look at me, the look was all II needed to look at to know that he was asking me what the hell that was about. I stammered a little before getting a coherent sentence out of my mouth. "Nothing, it was just a misunderstanding." He knew I was lying but kept it to himself. after a few more twists and turns, we made it to Liliana's room. He turned around and entered his own room. Just as I was about to knock, Liliana opened the door and pulled me in. "Why were you running like that yesterday?!" That was the only thing she asked me, and I told her everything.

Shane's P.O.V (Finally)

I knew I was kind of being a stalker as I stared at her. Selene was so exhausted after crying like that. There was just something about her, that something wanted me to get to know her. After such a long time of isolating myself, these feelings were so new. Selene was the only girl that made my heart beat like crazy, just one glance, that's all it took to realize she was different. There were little shocks when I touched her, barely there, could she be my mate? No. My wolf would have been able to sense it, as well as myself.

I was staring down at her, when I heard her heart beat speed up, just a little. She cautiously looked up, her eyes connected with mine, there it was again, that little spark. "Selene are you OK?" She nodded her head, and apologized for falling asleep. "Its OK, you needed someone to cry on." That was my undoing, I couldn't stay around any longer, or I might end up doing something I will regret. For now, I will go talk to my brother.

I went to Ace's room, he was just exiting when I showed up. "Ace we need to talk,"

"About what?" His voice was carrying a hint of hostility.

"About what happened yesterday, with you and Selene," He looked up at me, there was something in his eyes, but before I could make it out, it disappeared. The next words shocked me.

"What would you want to talk about, you have no idea what it feels like to like somebody, you don't know anything, your mate died." He pushed me aside and walked away.

Well there goes trying to talk to him. I have to talk to my parents. My families abilities were, unique. I opened the door, to the throne room. "Father, Mother..."

Selene's P.O.V

After telling Liliana everything that happened, she pulled me into a hug. "You wanna know a secret?" I nodded. "My ability, is to see who's mate is who." For a second I thought she was joking. But she looked serious. "Okay, who is my mate?"

"Your mate i-" Liliana was cut of by ear splitting alarms. Through all the noise, Liliana shouted. "We're under attack!" She grabbed my arm and ran out of the room. She lead me through a series of corridors, before we finally made it to the throne room. Everything was chaos, there were over 100 rogues, the guards were attacking them but, these rogues were trained, which is odd, because rogues don't work together, they do everything by themselves. There was a loud booming voice that said, "WE WANT THE DAUGHTER OF THE MOON GODDESS!!!!" All this chaos was over me. But how could they know I was here?

I was told not to use my powers, but this was absolutely stupid. I concentrated on every single rogue that was in the room, everyone stopped, I guess they noticed the shift of energy in the room. Once I pinpointed every single one of them, I released the last of my kinetic energy. I heard someone shout no. But I don't know who, because that was the last thing I heard, before I blacked out.