SUSPENSE

Severus was unsurprised when he received the call, a deep burning in his arm. It was more insistent, painful, than usual and this made sense. The dark lord knew of his betrayal. That demon had assured he would not be killed, but Severus knew the dark lord did not care for lives when angry. He rarely did when best pleased. Upon arriving on the meeting hall he frowned upon seeing the demon standing besides His Lord. The power dynamic was obvious, the wizard strong but leaning towards the demon, deferring to him. If he hadn't believed that Harry owned the man, he did now. Harry Potter owned them both. "Step forward Severus." He hissed, each syllable drawn out, betraying his anger behind the calm and composed face. He dropped to his knees instantly. "My Lord I-" He was cut off by a blast of red light, the cruciatus, and for what felt like a life time he writhed on the floor in agony, each nerve afire. Only when he though it would never end, it stopped and he looked up to see the demon standing menacingly in front of the Dark Lord. He had never seen the wizard look scared before, but there it was, a panicked glint in his eyes. He knew the look well, he'd seen it in the mirror the second he discovered demons were involved in the upcoming war. "I have been made aware of your treachery Severus. Were it not for Chaos here, you would be dead." He bowed his head, muttering apologies as his mind raced. Why was the dark lord calling him chaos? What was going to happen to him? "However, you will be punished!" He glanced up, breath held as he waited for a pain that never came. Instead, a bloodthirsty grin was shot towards him. "You will destroy your reason for betrayal. Kill Harry Potter."

Hadrian was aware of Voldemorts plan, but he still tensed upon hearing it again. It was a delicate situation, and from the desperate glance the professor gave him, the potions master was going to fuck it up. He leapt forward, grabbing the man by the throat and lifting him high. "You shall serve your punishment as you serve me! Kill the boy or your fate shall have you pleading for a place in Hel!" He dropped the wizard and walked back over to Tom, refusing to look back. If Snape gave it away he'd be furious. Luckily he seemed to realise that and nodded quickly. "Of course My Lord, the boy shall die!" Voldemort grinned at that, leaning back in his 'throne.' It was still difficult for Hades to see it as a throne, it was nothing compared to his father and uncles. "You shall kill him and stage it to resemble the other recent killings. After that I do not care how you frame those deaths, but do not get caught!" Again, the wizard nodded frantically before apperating when dismissed, leaving the demon and dark lord alone.

Harry didn't return to the castle until later, busy discussing the Dark Lords plans. When he did arrive it was to find aurors in every corridor and not a single student in site. "What's going on?" When he finally reached the common room his friends jumped up, eager to fill him in. "I don't know where you keep disappearing to Hade, you're missing all the action," exclaimed Draco. He ignored the suspicious glance Theo threw him, sitting and waiting for an explanation. "The ministry are going to close down Hogwarts!"  He jumped up at that, furious. He had really gotten himself in trouble with the killing, first with Voldemort and now this. "What! Why?" The entire to was bustling with chatter, and his ears strained to hear Blaises' response. "They said we can't stay at Hogwarts until it's safe, until they know what's happening."

No! He'd heard enough, and quickly stormed out of the common room. "Hade no, it's not safe!" Ignoring Daphne's shout he walked up to the nearest auror. "Get back in your dorm kid, there's a curfew." Of course Hadrian ignored him, stepping forward until he was directly in front of the wizard. "I need to talk to whoever's in charge." The adult starting laughing, and Hadrian waited until he stopped before speaking again. "I know what happened to those students." Barely five minutes later he found himself stood in the staff room, surrounded by teachers and aurors alike. Minister Fudge was there also, alongside Lucius, who smiled brightly upon seeing Harry. "Minister, this child has information on the killings." The entire room fell silent at that, Fudge looking shocked. Lucius of course just raised an eyebrow. "Well we'll Mr Potter. Speak up the lad." He tensed his jaw, refraining from correcting the man and instead stepping forwards. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier, but I was scared and I didn't want to say anything bad, especially about a teacher so-" He was cut off by shouts of surprise and outrage. Dumbledore stepped forward at this point. "My boy what on Merlin's beard are you saying? A member of staff would never!" Biting back a grin as Lucius flicked his hair into the old man's face. "What were you saying Hadrian?" Arranging his face into his most convincing nervous expression, he looked around before addressing Fudge. "It's Professor Lupin, minister. He's a werewolf!"

Every teacher shouted, but the aurors didn't hesitate to tie up Lupin, silver chains burning into his arms. The man howled in pain, and the ministry members nodded grimly at the confirmation. "Oh goodness, well done my boy. You've just saved a lot of lives. But how did you know?" Everyone was looking at him as he said that, no gaze stronger than Dumbledore and Snape. "He's been stalking me since the beginning of the year, it's horrible. Last night he was following me down a corridor and I hid in an alcove. As he walked past me, I heard him muttering about Fenrir and the next full moon. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt." Eyes widened when he mention Fenrir and Remus started telling in outrage. "No, it's not true, I didn't hurt anyone I swear!" The aurors quickly dragged him away to the ministry, leaving the room in stunned silence. "Minister Fudge, there must be a misunderstanding, Remus took his potions and it wasn't even a full moon when the students..." He trailed off as everyone turned to him, and angry expression on their faces. "You knew he was a werewolf? You placed a dangerous animal near children, and then didn't think to tell us after children were torn apart!" The old man scrabbled to explain, but Fudge would hear no more about it. "Your position as headmaster will be placed under review." With those final words, he left with Lucius.
Deciding it was time to leave, Hadrian ducked out from the staff room, ignoring the piercing stare from Dumbledore.

Sirius barely glanced up as guards dragged in another wizard, dumping him into the cell opposite, before taking a double take. He knew that scarred face, the tattered clothes and greying hair. "Moony?" Remus sat up straight, staring at him, and Sirius scrabbled to explain. "Remy, you have to believe me, I swear I would never join him, I would never hurt Jamie, and Lil's, and little Harry." He hadn't expressed such emotion in a long time, and collapsed to the floor, releasing choking sobs. "I know." It was the last words he'd expected to hear, and he looked up, staring at his old love. "I know, I never thought you would, but that doesn't matter now Pads!" Didn't matter? It was the only thought, the only feeling he could hold onto when the dementors came for him, and now it didn't matter? "Sirius!" He glanced up, and it then occurred to him that Remus shouldn't be here, he shouldn't be locked in Azkaban. "Remy how are you even here?" A despairing look crossed his lovers face, shoulders dropping. "I suppose I have plenty of time to explain. But the underline... There's something wrong with Harry. And we have to help him!"