Halloween

The next few weeks passed rather quickly, and before they knew it, the students of Hogwarts began to prepare for Halloween. The excitement could be felt in the air during breakfast, as Dumbledore stood, gathering the attention of the hall. "Good morning everyone! As you all know, Halloween is fast approaching, and I'm sure you're all very excited." A loud cheer sounded, specifically from the Gryffindors, and the man waited a second before continuing. "This year, we have something very special planned! All parents and guardians have been invited to attend the Halloween feats!" Confused chatter ensued, and Albus retook his seat. This was perfect. Not only could he get access to Potter's new guardian, everyone would be distracted, and he could have the elves search for the mirror. Starting with the Slytherins of course.

Hades frowned as Draco and Blaise spoke excitedly, clearly happy to see their parents again. Theo was much more quiet, and he couldn't tell if that was just Theo or if there was something more to it. As for his own situation, he wasn't sure what would happen. There was no way his Uncle would come up to consort with mortals, and he was sure Dumbledore had some kind of stupid plan. He rolled his eyes, sitting back and looking around the hall. Filch was skulking in the corner as usual. The man had been even grumpier than usual since his cat had 'gone missing'. He felt no remorse, apparantely everyone hated the thing.

The group of young snakes were interrupted by a flaming lion. Ron Weasley cleared his throat, glaring back at the Slytherins at the table. "Hi Harry! I'm Ron, Ron Weasley, nice to meet you mate." Hades stared at him, who did this mortal think he was. A scan of the boys thoughts showed that he desperately wanted to be friends with the famous Harry Potter. He internally scoffed, turning back to Blaise, who had been telling them about his mother. Apparently the ginger was too dumb to understand the dismissal, and tapped Hadrian on the shoulder. "I just wanted to say, you probably don't like Halloween much so you're welcome to come hang out with us Gryffindors. You know, make some real friends."

He could see that all his friends were insulted at the thought they weren't truly his friends, but a look of confusion crossed his face. "Why wouldn't I like Halloween? It's my favourite holiday!" Everyone that heard him turned to stare in shock, and he quirked an eyebrow, not understanding. Draco leant forward, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Hadrian your parents died on Halloween remember. It's when the Dark Lord attacked." He raised his eyebrows, he hadn't know that, but was distracted before he could think on it. "Filthy Death Eater!" The ginger shouted at Draco, and immediately Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall walked over to see what the commotion was about.

"Mr Weasley, why are you not at your table?" The boy turned to his head of house, flushing red. "I just came to talk to Harry, and then..." Snape interrupted him, standing behind his godson and sneering at the Gryffindor. "And then you decided to insult a student. Ten points from Gryffindor." Before he could argue, McGonagall dragged him back to his table, and Severus returned to his seat, leaving the group in peace. "Why did he call you that?" Blaise and Theo exchanged an unreadable look before Draco answered, a bitter expression on his face. "Because I called him the Dark Lord and not You-Know-Who. A lot of people think Slytherins are automatically Death Eaters because the Dark Lord was in our house." Hades nodded, turning back to his breakfast.

Draco frowned, looking over at Blaise and Theo, who were equally concerned. "So you really didn't know about Halloween then?" Hades sighed, pushing away his food and turning towards them. "I was adopted when I was five years old. Neither myself nor my father new that Harry Potter had been anyone special, so I had no reason to look into it. My relatives told me my parents had died in a car crash, and I believed that. It was only this year when my father told me I'd be coming to Hogwarts, and they'd know me by the name Harry Potter. I've just sort of gathered stuff from there." Draco looked at the boy, shocked. He really had no idea who he was? Hadrian laughed, as if he'd heard what he was thinking. "Until I returned to England, I had no idea that I was famous, or missing. It was quite a surprise honestly. But I don't remember my birth parents, and I have wonderful memories of Halloween with my father. So no, I didn't know, and yes, I do like Halloween."