III. Veni, Vidi, Vici

• Dedicated to Abby

There is a time for everything, 

and a season for every activity under the heavens.

Hannah screamed again, draping herself protectively over Dragos' body. Sobbing, she was wrenched from him by the man and draped over his shoulder. 

"Aw shut up," he muttered, pinching a nerve at the base of her neck. She gasped and fell silent as the pressure point did it's work. 

"You killed her!" Dana jumped up and launched herself at the man. He lazily flicked his wrist and sent her flying into the side of building. Dana groaned and spat out blood. 

"Relax," said Stacey. "It's a simple pressure point, it's not going to hurt her. We need Sensors, y'know, and a dead one doesn't serve any purpose." 

"Stacey, how can you do this?" cried Dana. "Your brother looked up to you, and after your parents died, you were supposed to take care of him!" 

"Ha!" Stacey laughed long and hard. When she looked back at Dana, her eyes were cold and unforgiving. 

"My little brother...where to start? You know nothing about him, do you?" 

"What do you mean?" whispered Dana. 

"Lucifer, listen to her! She knows nothing of my brother!" 

The man holding Hannah laughed. "Well, Stacey, I guess you can't blame her. She only saw what she wanted to see in Dragos." 

"No matter," snarled Stacey, spinning her blade around in her hands. "We only need Hannah, but there's nothing preventing me from killing this one, so-" 

Stacey threw the sword at Dana. Dana yelled and lept away, rolling and absorbing the impact. She landed beside Dragos' body.  

"Dragos," she whispered. She closed his eyes and took his sword, and just in time as well. Stacey appeared and hacked and slashed, but Dana was fast and blocked each blow easily. She countered and feinted and parried, and finally, just when Stacey was losing her grip on her sword, she knocked the blade out of her hands. 

"Damn!" yelled Stacey, jumping back. 

"This is as far as you go, Stacey!" yelled Dana, swinging the sword down. 

"Do I have to do everything myself?" sneered Lucifer. He appeared in front of Dana and blocked the sword blow with his bare hand. 

"Bastard!" yelled Dana. She wiggled the blade around, but Lucifer wasn't affected by the sharp blade at all.  

"You're too slow," said Lucifer calmly. He reached down and grasped Dana's throat. 

"No," she strangled. "You're choking me!" 

"That's kind of the point," he murmured.  

"Now Lucifer! Kill her!" yelled Stacey. 

"With pleasure," smiled Lucifer, the blade in his hand already travelling towards Dana. She closed her eyes and waited for the sweet release of death. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dragos. Dragos. DRAGOS!" Sighing, the hooded girl turned her face away from him. Is he always this hard to wake up, she wondered, or did I just get lucky? She turned back to him and placed her palm on his chest, then shot him with a couple hundred volts of electricity. Needless to say, it did the trick.