Chapter Four

Stiles is warm when he wakes up, his mind is still cloudy but he tries to focus, and he hears the sounds of someone around him. He stills himself out reflex, and he waits to open his eyes until he is sure where he is. “Why does he have drawings on his arm, Conner?” A little girl asks, and Stiles freezes making no moves to show he is awake. He doesn't feel threatened, he just isn't sure if this pack is friendly or not.

“So he can do magic, Deidre.” A boy, Conner, answers her. Stiles knew that they must be part of the pack that wolf was in that found him in the forest, and he's surprised that he wasn't killed in the forest along with the other hunters. “Mam, why does he smell?” Conner asks, and Stiles fights the urge to rolls his eyes but he did last shower probably about two days ago so he really has no room to talk about smelling.

“He had a different pack.” A woman answers, and Stiles frowns because he has a pack in the States. He shifts in his semi unconscious state, and he hears the little girl gasp. “Away with you, pups. I'm sure you've got chores to do.” The woman says, and the children groan in annoyance but do as they're told.

When they leave, Stiles waits for the sound of a door closing or something, and he hears the sound of the woman walking around the room before he feels something cool against his forehead and he flash open his eyes to look at her. She's older than him, her skin tan and her hair black, and she flashes her gold eyes at him making Stiles let her go. “Hello, wolf.” Stiles croaks, and she nods her head once. He doesn't want to anger any of wolves her in case he needs their help to do something.

“Conner, get your uncle.” She calls, and Stiles knows that the pup could be almost a mile away and still her. He doesn't bother moving or looking at his shoulder just yet since he isn't sure where he is, and he takes in his surrounding. The room he's in is dark, but not completely, and the entire home is wooden. He can hear a fire cackling near him, and he finally looks at his shoulder which is still slowly bleeding. “Nasty wound you got there, druid.” She tells him, and Stiles looks at her.

Stiles opens his mouth to say something to her, but he gets cut off when the door opens and shuts. A man appears in the doorway to look at him, and Stiles keeps his face carefully blank. The man is tall, maybe the same height as Stiles himself, with black hair and a beard to match, and his eyes are piercing as they stare at Stiles. “What's you name, druid?” The woman asks, and Stiles gives her a bored look.

“Druid is fine for now.” Stiles tells her, and she narrows her eyes at him. Stiles finds no reason to tell them his real name just yet, not until he needs to, and he moves to sit up. He struggles to sit up, the man at the door helps him and Stiles doesn't lean into his touch, and when he does sit up he gives them neutral looks. “Shall I just call you wolf for now?” Stiles asks, and neither of them say anything. He doesn't expect them to tell him their names since he isn't sharing his, but he never knows.

“I'm Laura.” The woman, Laura, says, and Stiles nods his head once. She looks at him as if she excepts him to tell her his name, and when he doesn't she sighs. Stiles isn't paying attention to the man until he looks over to see what he is doing, and he notices the look of awe on his face that makes Stiles want to roll his eyes. It's like these people have never seen a druid before, and Stiles turns his attention back to his shoulder. The area has stopped bleeding but now is dark red, and is throbbing with pain as a reminder of what almost happened to him in the woods. He's mind goes to the wolf, and somehow he knows it was the man standing before him looking at him with curious eyes.

“Can I have some water?” Stiles asks, and the man moves almost instantly to get him some from an odd looking pitcher. He doesn't go to a sink or to a refrigerator to get the drink, and when Stiles drinks it tastes like stream water. Stiles drains the tin cup of all it's water before handing it back to the man.