Chapter 2: Welcome to the House of Fun

Overview: After Negan decides to stay at your house in Alexandria, how will you keep your composure when his tour gets a bit... tense?

You led Negan down the last hallway upstairs and where the carpet met the wall, you stopped outside the closet door. You turned around to see him amble his way towards you, resting Lucille on his right shoulder.

"And what might this one be?" he asked, with a slight grin on his face.

"It's just a closet", you answered, truthfully.

Negan leaned back while grabbing the door knob. "Really, darling?", he said in a mocking tone.

His head disappeared behind the door as he opened it and he stood still for a few seconds before closing it again. You could see that he had an annoyed smile on his lips. His eyes met yours and you couldn't help but smirk.

"You asked. I answered", you said, shrugging your shoulders.

Negan let go of the door handle to stand directly in front of you, his face inches away from yours. "You're just trying to make me look like an idiot, aren't you?", he said in his deep voice.

You met his eyes and let out a slight laugh. "Not at all, Negan." You began to go around him to the final door on the opposite side of the hallway before turning your head back at him. "Besides, I don't really think you need my help with that."

You continued to the door and behind you, a huge grin crossed Negan's lips. "Damn", he said, under his breath.

You grabbed the door handle of the entertainment room and gentle swung it open, standing over the threshold. "This is the last room."

Arching his eyebrow at you, Negan strolled into the room past you and looked around, only to stop at the dart board hanging on the wall. He let out an amused laugh.

He turned to you as he leaned backward slightly. "Well, I can tell that I do indeed like this room." You didn't know that the Saviours had left the dart board. It confused you, considering they had taken pretty much everything else. Negan's attitude was almost like that of a child's, but it actually amused you a bit; seeing this grown man get giddy at the sight of a rundown dart board.

He continued into the center of the room and without taking his eyes off the dart board, Negan handed Lucille to you and you took hold of the bat without question. As you looked at it, you realised this was the first time you had ever held it. The thought of what happened to Abraham and Glenn hit you again and you knew that you wouldn't be able to hold onto it for long. You spotted the chair in the corner of the room and walked over to it to place
Lucille up on the cushion.

Turning back to Negan, you noticed that he had already grabbed the darts that were lodged into the cork of the board and he was standing back a few feet from it. He brought his right hand back to aim and when he brought it forward, the dart made a thump as it landed close to the bull's eye.

"Nice shot," you said, trying to end the silence between you and him. He turned his head to you and smiled.

"Takes a lot of fucking practice to be good at this. You ever tried?" he asked.

You folded your arms across your chest. "A little. It's not really my kind of game."

Another dart hit the board and Negan turned slightly to face you, another grin curling onto his lips. You knew an idea had sprung into his mind. "Come here..." he demanded.

You gave him a confused expression but did not keep him waiting as you walked slowly towards him. He reached for your hand and placed the last dart in the center of it. He began to move out of the way as you stood where he had previously been.