14 POISONED?

"Beauty...." The man slurred and reached for Su Ying who backed away instinctively as he felt that the man or doctor was a pervert.

"Unless you want to loose your hand, touch him" Xue Feng said with a small smile on his face

"Heh.....fine, I won't touch him, you keep all the beauties and let's see if I treat any of your injuries again " the man said

"You don't have a choice, hurry up already" Xue Feng said

"Fine, fine" he sighed and dropped the jar he was holding. Walking to Su ying in a less staggering motion, he sat on the small stool that was already provided for his arrival and took out his medical stuff.

"Your hand" he ordered and took a small handkerchief to hold Su Ying's hand so that he could read his pulse.

"So....?" Su ying asked worried

"Hm....good news, you are poisoned and will die in the next three weeks" he said nodding his head like he said something that was so obvious

Su ying "..."
Xue Feng "..."

"So, the cure?" Xue Feng asked completely calm

"Don't have it" he replied

"Then make it" Xue Feng said

"Will take a long time"

"Then make the waiting time short"

"Don't have the ingredients needed"

"Then find them"

"Dangerous"

"Dangerous is when you don't wake up tomorrow morning" Xue Feng said, smiling and cracking his knuckles.

"Fine. It is not too serious but it is bad. So I will give you some mild medications to slow it down and stop the pain, so just take it and eat and have a nice long rest, ok" he said

Su ying "..."

"Um.....is he ok?" The man asked

"I mean if you were told that you would die in three weeks, would you be ok?" Xue Feng asked.

"Hm....makes sense" the man replied scratching his beardless face

"Su ying?" Xue Feng called

"Huh?"

"Don't worry, there is no poison that he has no cure for, so it won't take up to three days and he will get you the antidote, ok?" Xue Feng said

"Ok"

"Don't worry. See that's why I told you not to eat anything from the palace but you thought I was being thoughtless" Xue Feng said giving Su ying a rapt on the forehead.

"I am sorry" Su ying replied and looked down.

"It's ok. I have ordered them to get you something to eat, you'll take the medicine and sleep ok?" Xue Feng said

"Ok"Su ying replied and stared off into space.

Getting poisoned on his first trip to the palace, talk about ill-fated person.

The empress.

He had never had a run in with her before, neither had he made her angry before so what was her reason for poisoning him on their first meeting? Su ying couldn't rap his head around it. It all sounded like something out of a comic book but seeing as he was able to live a second time after death, that wasn't too supposing as saddening as it was.

What was the difference between his past life and this one since all life had for him was death.

"Hey, what's wrong. Why are you crying?" Xue Feng asked him.

"Huh?"
"Am I?" Su ying asked looking up
"Am sorry, I just can't understand why someone will want to poison me..."he said and positioned himself to sleep.

"You married me, that alone is a death sentence" Xue Feng said with a sweet smile.

"Wow! Is that something to be proud of" the forgotten man in the room asked.

Xue Feng shrugged.

"It's ok. Just get some rest and when you wake up you'll have your medicine and dinner ready ok" he said and Su ying nodded.

Xue Feng stared at the bundle of blanket on the bed, he wasn't sure why he was worried or even cared about the bundle. Normally he would have already forgotten the new concubine he had but this one had been on his mind for a while now which to him wasn't a good sign. Was it because of the poison that he felt responsible for or was it something else...he shook his head.

Xue Feng didn't want to know what the other reason may have been.

"Let's go" he ordered and the man left with him.
"Pass my order. The new concubine is sleeping, do not disturb him" he said and the servants outside bowed in understanding.

"So tell me the real truth"

"Everything I said inside was true but his poison is much more deadly than I made it sound"

"What poison?"

"The snow sprite poison" the drunk man said and Xue Feng froze on the spot.

"The what poison?"

"Snow sprite" he said again

"That poison is only used by four different people" Xue Feng said

"Yes it is"

"And the antidote can only be gotten from the snow general" he added

"What the f*CK" Xue Feng cursed.

Snow sprite and snow general, This was all a myth made up by the adults to scare the children but only a select few knew that is wasn't only a myth but a real thing. The snow sprite wasn't poisonous but adding the eye of the snow sprite into a jar of carefully selected poisonous herbs makes it a hundred times more potent and deadly than it would be.

"Why would my sister try to poison him?" Xue Feng asked.

"Investigate" he said to his shadow guard and they left immediately.

"And you, I hope the antidote is ready in the next three days" he added.

"Fine, fine. You really are impossible" the man said and left, slurrying his way out of the manor.

***************
I know I went on a very annoying long break, I didn't have any more ideas. But now I am back, I'll put down something soon, so please bear with me.💜💜💜