|three|

"nick? hello?" malia walked into the cabin, searching for nick. everything was dark and it didn't seem like he was there yet, even though it was already ten.

malia turned on the light and saw all the bugs, and animals in their little boxes. and when her eyes saw the snake, she stepped back since she was scared of those animals.

and as she stepped back, she tripped over something but luckily someone was there to catch her. "nick! jesus!" malia said scared, still in nicks arms.

"what took you so long?" she asked as nick was looking down on her, smiling brightly. "i got some food for the insects. you were really interested in those medications earlier, so i thought you'd also like this." he moved malia up so she was standing on her own feet again.

"that's the nicest thing anyone has ever done to me." malia blushed slightly as she looked into nicks eyes. he just smiled and walked towards a table to put down the food.

malia followed him and while that, she was looking at all the insects sitting in their boxes. to be honest, they were kinda fascinating but at the same time kinda disgusting.

"do u spent a lot of time here?" malia asked as she walked around. "i usually come here every evening. it's like my safe space." nick grabbed some food for the spider on his arm.

"i also often come here to read." he said, putting the food into the cage. "what do you read?" malia placed both of her hands on the table in front of her.

"i've been reading a lot of stuff from steven king lately." nick smiled, putting the spider into its cage. "steven king hm?" malia looked at him, smiling.

"he's like super popular." nick walked around, giving each of the insects something to eat. as he was done, he sat down on a bench placed in front of malia.

she was still leaning on the table, looking at nick who placed his muscular arm on the table behind him. they didn't talk, they just enjoyed each other's presence, until nick said something.

"lets play a game. truth or dare.. without the dare." nick said, laughing slightly. "it's not called truth or dare then, you know that?" malia looked at him, her eyes locked with his as she walked around the cabin.

"go ahead, you'll start." she said. "what is it with you and cindy? you barely talk to each other." nick asked, shifting in his seat.

"we don't really get along. and she's busy all the time." malia explained, walking up to nick and sitting down next to him, her head leaning on his arm.

"my turn. future police sheriff nick goode. is it really who you want to be?" malia turned to her right where nick was sitting, looking at him.

"i don't know." he looked down on the floor. "before my father died, he dropped this huge weight on me." he explained, his voice getting darker.

"but what if that's not who i want to be? what if i just want to do what i like? i want to open a book shop, or care for these insects. or be with the chaos girl from shadyside." he stood up, walking around the cabin, looking at all the insects.

"what if i just want to live my life? without any decision of my father." he looked down again, his eyes watery. malia stood up and walked towards him.

her hand grabbed his arm slightly as her other hand went up his cheek. nick looked at malia. she smiled a bit before saying something. "then be that person, nick. be that person who opens up a bookshop, or be with the chaos girl from shadyside." malia blushed as she said the last words.

"the most important thing is that you feel comfortable in yourself. because what is it worth to live the life of someone who you don't want to be?" both malias hands were now placed on nicks cheeks. both of them smiled at each other, making it a comfortable silence. malia was right, but deep down nick knew that he couldn't disappoint his family.

"my turn." nick said as he looked into malias dark eyes. "would you ever.." he took a short break between his two sentences. "let me kiss the chaos girl from shadyside?" he asked quietly as he placed his hands on her waist.

and even before malia could say anything, her lips were on his. it was like, they had known each other for a while now. even thought they met this morning.

malias hand went to the back of nicks head, slowly going through his hair, making him move malia more towards him. there was not much space between them anymore, but both of them knew that they could get even closer to each other.

malia let go for a second to breath in some air. nicks hands still on her waist, and both of her arms on his shoulder now. and then they kissed again, making each body shiver over their touches. it was nothing more, but just a few simple kisses.

after a while it was getting late, and nick decided to walk malia to her cabin, since he had something else to do later. she kissed him on the cheek and told him to have a good night, hoping she'd see him again tomorrow.

and in that night, it felt like malia has finally found someone who genuinely liked her. someone, who would be there for her when she ever needed him.  someone, who would do everything for her.

but also, in that night, nick went down and continued the deal, each one of the goodes had made before. he realized that there was finally someone who wouldn't judge him. finally someone, who would like him for who he is.

nick wanted to give malia everything. everything she could have ever asked for. and so he sat down, and gave the devil the next name.

"thomas slater."