Chapter 7: Always Be There For You

After Rarity got over her squealing, my friends started peppering me with questions. The fact that Soarin was still holding on to my hand didn't help matters any, though to be honest, it did reassure me somewhat. (I still was going to kick his butt later for confessing his love to me in front of everyone, however.)

    I was a little disoriented, and my face was still streaked with tears, but before I could say anything Egghead suggested that we'd go down and drink some hot chocolate since it was a chilly day outside and Soarin had come all this way with a storm brewing. I managed to smirk. "Of course he came in a storm," I joked. "His name is Soarin, after all. His head's always soaring in the clouds."

    Soarin rolled his eyes, but Rarity just squealed again. I sighed exasperatedly at the sound and left to wash my face. Soarin followed me, and for the first time I noticed the buzzing phone that stuck out of his pocket. It was repeatedly lighting up and buzzing with messages. 

    I dried my face on my towel and motioned to the phone. "Aren't you gonna check that?" I asked. "If your phone is buzzing at three in the morning it might be something important, am I right?"

    He seemed startled. "Huh? Oh, yeah." I smirked as he took his phone out and began to scroll through the messages. Soarin's eyes began to widen, and he gripped his phone until his knuckles were white, staring at the screen uncomprehendingly. A small gasp escaped his lips. 

    "Soarin?" I asked, trying to push down the suspicions that were arising in my mind. "What's going on?"

    I was answered when Soarin hugged me tightly, small laughs escaping him. "He's going to be alright!" He gasped out, his laugh becoming louder and stronger as joy seemed to flood him. "Your father's out of the ER! He even woke up for a few seconds!"

    I stared at his back uncomprehendingly before I hugged him back, relief surging through my body. I couldn't keep a giant smile from spreading across my face. Something wet was trickling down my cheeks, and I groaned against Soarin's shirt. Not again.

(In the kitchen)

    I savored the taste of the sweet hot chocolate, rolling it around in my mouth before swallowing. Soarin sat to my right, looking more awake now that there was some sugar in his system. Rarity had kept going on and on about "us," and the only thing that had managed to change the track in her head was the news that my father was going to be okay. 

    I smiled at my friends as they talked among themselves, enjoying the moment. The sun would be up in a few hours, but there was something magical about the night. Call me sappy or whatever, but what can I say? The descriptions from Daring Do's books were finally rubbing off on me. 

    Soarin's hand found mine under the table, and he gave it a gentle squeeze while smiling at me. I smiled back. Though we were far from being out of the woods, my father was on his way to recovery, and I had my friends around me to support me every step of the way. And Soarin? He would always be there for me. Of that I was sure. 

    I glanced at Soarin's smile. Should I tell my friends that he's already proposed?

    I thought about Rarity's squeal and smirked.

    Nah. 

    Not yet.

(A/N: There we have it! The last chapter! Though there is room for a sequel, I don't think I will write it. As previously mentioned, this whole fanfiction was meant to be an exercise for me since I couldn't properly change character POV. It's been an AMAZING journey to write with all of these viewers giving their support!

In case you're curious, I may one day enter a book from my trilogy into Wattpad for the Wattys, but not yet. It's not ready. But I hope to do so one day!

Also sorry if I mixed Rainbow Dash up with Sarai again. I've been writing since 6:20 AM and It's 8:40 AM rn. And I've been up since 5:30 AM and fell asleep at 12:10 AM last night. Don't judge, I have a desire to write, and I was writing my novel before suddenly deciding to write the last fanfiction chapter. 

Again, thanks so much for all the views, and until next time!)