Chapter 6: I'm Here

(Rainbow's POV)

    "Soarin?" I asked, feeling my voice break. My friends were all looking from me, then to Soarin, then back to me again. But he was only looking directly at me, his usual mischievous look gone from his face. I saw in his eyes a mixture of grief and what I would call care if I didn't already have my fill of sappiness. 

    "Rainbow, we're so sorry," Sunset was saying, her voice sounding rushed. "We have no idea why Fluttershy brought him here, we know he's your soccer rival, and we're so, so sorry—"

    I felt Mr. Snuggles slipping out of my fingers as I ran to Soarin. He opened his arms, and I crashed into him, my fingers clutching at his inside-out shirt. I felt his arms around me. He was squeezing me tightly, and I knew that he had needed me as much as I had needed him. I sobbed my heart out into his shirt, and I could feel a wet spot beginning to form on my shoulder. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't. So I groaned into his shirt as well. 

    "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner," Soarin said quietly into my ear. I would have rolled my eyes if they weren't already filled with the stupid tears.

    "I... I..." I swallowed hard. "I don't know what to do, Soarin." I tried my eyes on his shoulder. 

    "Then don't do anything," Soarin said huskily. "Let it all out. You're surrounded by people who love you, Dashie. You don't have to hide." 

    I didn't say anything. I heard Soarin sigh again. "I love you Dashie," he said in a low voice. I swallowed hard. I heard a muffled squeal, and I groaned internally. Apparently, he hadn't been quiet enough and Rarity had heard him. 

    You know what?

    Forget my reputation.

    I lifted my face from Soarin's chest and looked up into his eyes. "I love you too," I managed, "even if you're not as much of a daredevil as I am."

    Rarity squealed again, this time not even bothering to cover her mouth. I rolled my eyes. The old familiar fire burned in my chest, and I felt a smirk come to my face, even with the tears. I grabbed Soarin's face and I kissed him. 

    Was this rash? Yep. Was this probably stupid? Yeah. Could this ruin my reputation forever? Absolutely!

    Was this risky? 

    Yup.

    And I was Rainbow "Danger" Dash, for crying out loud, so that wasn't a problem for me.

(A/N: Sorry that this chapter's short. I'm being lazy. Also sorry for what I did to Rainbow. But not sorry for the long wait in between this chapter and the previous cliffhanger. MWAHAHAHAHA!)