𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑. 𝐒𝐩𝐲

Tuesday, the vast infinite blue sky, hovering over them without pity

"A piece that sits in my heart that was empty somewhere" -puzzle piece, nct dream

Two heads peaked out of the wall , one shushing the other one whilst swallowing a lump in his throat.

Their breathing halted as a sound of a stomp was heard.

"I told you not to move!" the boy said softly.

Instinctively, the boy placed his hand on the latter's mouth, stopping him from blabbing further.

Looking at the two clueless girls, the boys sighed in relieve as they continued their adventure.

"Chenle, do you think she's really that girl Ji Geon mentioned?"

"What girl?"

"Oh the girl with pigtails, didn't you told me that-"
Jisung turned to his side, only to face a stunned Chenle.

Behind him stood the protagonist of the drama, still having the same handsome smirked planted on his face.

"What are the two of you doing?"

Plastering a nervous smile on their faces, the two boys suspiciously stuttered out whatever words that came to mind.

"HEY HYUNG! We were- uhh Chenle what were we doing again?" Jisung stuttered upon his words, coughing dramatically afterwards.

"Way to go, thanks for making it not obvious" Chenle thought and sighed nonetheless.

"Hyung, We were just doing what boys our age usually do... hunting for treasure!"

"Ah.. yes! We are finding a lucky penny!"

"Chenle here has been very unlucky these days so we were hoping a penny could help him a little"
Jisung smiled innocently.

"Sure boys, so the lucky penny involves a girl?"

Eyes widened at the second, the boy's mind suddenly went blank.

"Oh look at the time! The bread must be sold out by now, gotta go!" Chenle muttered out an excuse and
continued to drag the squeaky mouse behind him, immediately making a run for it.

"But didn't the stall isn't open today.." Jaemin thought as his brows raised, curious to what the two boys were up to.

Jaemin was the last person they want to tell about their mission. If he finds out, the both of them will be seen hanging off the cliff.

They both know how much Jaemin hates people sticking in his business- mostly love life and especially when it involves his ex.

Besides that, the mission was only for the two detectives, it was a secret, only known between the two. Revealing the truth would mean the other guys will know as well.