The curtain between us.

{if you're offended by gay love please exit to the right, and go ahead and delete your name from the bio.}

Two boys, both diagnosed with a form of cancer.

They share a room, one whose full of life, named Lewis. He's trying so hard to be alive and he's been in the hospital for months, his family distant and unable to come around much.

But he tries to be positive, which annoys his new roommate (no name for him, I'll call him Andy).

Andy is dark. He knows he's dying and accepts it, the hope that reeks of Lewis disgusts him-- or so he would make Lewis think.

Deep down Andy is jealous of how hard Lewis tries to smile.

He hates his annoying family, though they want nothing but to be there 24/7 and care for him (they end up caring for Lewis more, who accepts them with open arms)

Andy is jealous of the fact that Lewis is going to make it, and even though their diagnosis is the same its his positivity that is going to pull him through-- according to Andy.

Will it rub off on Andy too? Through the late night conversations about death and heaven.. Andy starts to fall for his optimistic roommate.

And though a curtain separates them, Andy knows Lewis is going to be with him for the rest of his life, however long that is.

--Iggwhy