35. "Your wife will become happy!"

Aditya's POV

Me and Arjun are driving back to office from the venue where conference took place. I am not able to believe it yet but we bagged the project. Like… How?

“Adi…” I turned to Arjun who was driving the car.

“You go home and I will come after finishing some work in the office.” 

“I was thinking to tell Zoya about this in person…” I spoke.

“Ya.. thanks to her that the ticking time bomb calmed down.” He muttered.

“I heard…” I told him.

“Much better…” I glared at him.

“Waise… You should tell her personally. She will become happy.” He agreed with me. 

We soon reached office and I winded up my work hurriedly. My mobile rang.

Mumma❤️

“Aditya… How wa-” 

“We got it, Mumma!” Hearing me, she too became happy. 

Honestly speaking, if my work would not have been stolen and we would have presented that only, it would have been like a normal deal or project. But we did so much for it. There is a wave of happiness in the office. I am damn sure that these people are gonna celebrate here only. Moreover, today is someone's birthday too. All the more reason for it.

“Arjun… I am leaving…” I informed him as he was going towards PR department. 

Yes. Media. I am in no way going to meet these uncivilized people today and spoil my mood. Bunch of idiots!

“Buy some sweets on the way. It won't look nice if you will go empty hand. Take some home too… I also want to eat…” He said and licked his lips at the end.

Bhookad! (Foody!)

“Her aunt is there too…” He spoke and walked to the PR department.

Fine..! 

I straight away drove to the sweets shop. Which sweet would she like? Rasgulle? Laddo? I got confused. I have never shopped for anything. And these are sweets. I roamed my eyes in the shop here and there. 

“Do you want any help..?” One of the salesman asked as he noticed me lost.

I shook my head and asked him to pack two boxes of Laddo. That's why I don't go shopping myself. I am very bad at this. Really very bad! I remember Zoya isn't bad at shopping. She even chose for me when we were in Delhi.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I was on my way to Zoya's house but this traffic is testing my patience to its limits. I blew the horn again and again but no gain. I sighed. Does Zoya also lose her patience like that in heavy traffic? I wondered. 

There was a tap on my window which brought me out of my thoughts. I rolled down the window. There was standing a lady with different bouquets in her hand. 

“If you will take this beautiful bouquet home, your wife will become really happy…” She spoke, convincing me to buy the rose bouquet.

I am damn sure that my neck and ears must have turned red. 

“I am not married… So-”

“So give it to your girlfriend. She will become really happy.” I gave her an awkward smile.

“I don't have a girlfriend too but I will buy this. Thank you.”

I bought the flowers not wanting her to go on and embarrass me more. Next she will go for for sister and I don't have her too. Sigh.