Chapter 22 First Kiss

I am right where I was in the beginning. Alone. I had been outcasting Aaron because I clearly had no feelings for him, it was evident in every way, the way I felt about Liam is a way that I never ever felt about Aaron, and I know that I will never ever feel that way about him, he's a sweet guy he does have his faults but there is just no possible way that I can feel so strongly about him, I think I'm just not interested in him anymore, regardless of the rut that I'm currently in with Liam I won't lie to Aaron anymore, I'm going to finally tell him the truth, if that means I have to be alone then I'll have to live with that, I can't be having him hanging around me just because I feel lonely, it's not fair to him anymore. I shouldn't have to play with his feelings any longer, he deserves someone who is willing to give him one hundred percent of their time and love, unfortunately that person is just not me anymore.

We were currently on the last month of school, and I was sure I failed school, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything besides the drama between Liam and I. I couldn't study it was impossible for me to concentrate, I also had to find a way to tell Aaron that it was over between us, my mind was just a mess.

Time flew by really fast and within the blink blink of an eye it was my last paper, after this I wouldn't need to see anyone of them ever again, that was a relief. So after the paper Mel wanted to do something naughty and rebellious, that was so unlike her. She came up to me and said let's do something memorable. I felt like she was right, we should do something memorable because we been stuck here for five years bursting our heads and experiencing all of these problems, not only did we have to study but we had other dramas, peer pressure, relationships, the list is endless. High School for me seems to be one of life's hardest lessons, you pick up friends who either last a lifetime or you loose friends who never really cared about you. You are forced to do things and say things you never imagined, you are forced to be someone you never thought you would be. Life is short, and spending too much time on the negative can make you a spur person and a person that others don't want to be around, I definitely did not want to loose Melanie, she was one of the truest people that I had by my side, so if she wanted to do something fun I was not going to let my sorrows get in the way, for once I wanted to put her first.

"What do you want to do Mel". I asked her.

"Let's drink". Was her reply. Now Mel hadn't consumed even a drop of alcohol as she was so strict in her ways and not to mention she was also a vegetarian, she was religious and her parents were also strict.

"Woah, Mel let's take it easy, you haven't drunken alcohol before, are you sure that's what you want to do?".

"It's something I think I need to do, to reward myself for pushing so hard during this five years, I think I need to let go just for today." Melanie was one of the hardest workers that I knew. She put all her efforts into studying and she was determined to get good results, she did not let anything get in the way of her schooling, I admired that about her, her determination and drive to succeed, also her ability to put all distractions aside to focus on her future, she deserves a little bit of fun now.

"Well if you insist." I laugh, but I can't help but wonder if this is going to turn out chaotic. In the distance I hear voices say "COUNT US IN TOO". I'm way to scared to look back, I instantly recognise one of those voices, and now I'm sure things are not going to go well. When I do look back, I see Shaun, Ashton and Liam.

"Paige we over heard your conversation, and we are in." Says Shaun.

"I think this was a private conversation guys, a little rude of you all to assume that this was an open invitation." I say in a stern tone of voice.

"Paige, the more the merrier and besides we are all friends, we should celebrate our last day together, who knows if we are ever going to see each other after this." Melanie says. What is going on with Mel, she's acting so strangely today, she so daring and so adamant on doing something crazy.

"Fine." I say, shooting Mel an annoyed look.

We all proceed to my house, after buying a bottle of 1818 Vodka and a pack of cards. At my house I put on music and I try to totally avoid Liam. We are all generally having a great time, we were drinking and Mel was playing a card game with the guys. That's when I suddenly notice Liam glancing at me, he wasn't playing the game he was just observing. That's when he shot me a look and I looked back at him. This is the first time we spoke after the whole incident, after I had his phone and read his conversations between himself and Viola, after seeing her dirty panties in their messages. I suddenly looked away, that dreaded thought now ruined me, I was having a great time until I let my mind wander, I shouldn't have done that. I was just sad now, I wanted to go to Mel because I needed to talk, but when I looked at her she was having the time of her life, she wasn't really drinking as much, maybe a sip or two from her glass everyone hour, she was a very responsible first time drinker, but after seeing her so care free like this I refused to be selfish and bombard her with my draining issue. What else could I do but just sit there. That's when I feel someone plop on the couch next to me, when I look to my side it's Liam. What does he want.

"Why so down Paige." He asked.

"Just not feeling so great today, maybe I'm coming down with a cold." That was a lie.

"You seemed fine earlier, you were having fun, then your face suddenly dropped, you can tell me, we are friends now remember." What a fucking douche bag. How could he even mention friends, we were flirting for months now, had he been oblivious to this, had I been the only one flirting, he has also been inappropriate and made in appropriate comments.

"I said it's nothing okay, let's drink?" Hastily I gulped down whatever was in my glass, and he mimicked me by doing the same. Very soon we were both drunk, and I found myself laughing, he was making jokes and he was becoming care free, it felt like we were really friends again. I couldn't handle anymore drink so whenever someone poured me a glass I would just give it to Liam and he was drinking it. Things started to get crazy when I go outside and I see the guys Shaun and Ashton smoking, they were doing weed, Liam asked me if I would like to try some. I told him I would but I don't want to do it in front of the guys I would feel awkward, so he went to them and got a blunt, we walked to the other side of the house and we smoked it together. I immediately started to feel lightheaded and clear, I felt so great, I felt like there were no more problems and I was totally one hundred percent in the moment. The both of us walked back inside and sat back on the couch, suddenly I felt woozy, I had to lay back on the couch, that's when I felt Liams hand spread out behind my neck, he was holding me. My heart started to beat faster, but that's when he immediately removes his hand and walks to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" I ask hazily.

"I just need to use the bathroom, I'm over hydrated thanks to someone giving me all their drinks to drink." He laughs and hurries off to the bathroom.

I noticed he's been gone for a while, so I decide to take a walk outside and peep through the window, maybe he's throwing up.

"What's going on in there, do you need some help, are you throwing up." I yell with with my head stretched out trying to peep through the bathroom window, I could barely see the top of his head.

"I'm good Paige, just thinking."

"You are thinking in the bathroom." I say laughing.

"You can come in and think with me if you'd like." He says laughing.

"COMING." I yell. Yet again I can't control my feet, I'm walking straight towards the bathroom door, before I can even knock the door swings open and Liam grabs me by the shoulders, he pulls me into the bathroom and slams the door shut with his foot. He pushed me against the wall and he presses his mouth to mines. Without even hesitating I pick up his rhythm and start kissing him too, he slowly pushing his tongue in my mouth, and my heart starts to race, he is kissing every inch of my mouth and sucking the very life and soul out of me, he grabs both my legs and lifts me up against the wall, pushing himself between my legs. I can feel the heat pool up on my insides, and I could feel him getting hard between me. I immediately wrap my legs around him tightly, I want to feel every inch of him on me, my heart beating and I can feel myself aching for him. Something happened and we both snapped out of it, we stopped kissing and he lets me slide off him. My heart still beating rapidly now, when I look into his eyes and I feel like our heart beats were in sync at that moment in time.

"We should go back out now, the guys should be wondering where we are." I say, out of breath.

He nods, without saying a word and walks out.