Episode 1 Chameleon

Ms. Bustier's Class; Morning
Y/N's POV

"Y/N! Over here!"

Upon entering the classroom, Lila waves to me sitting next to my seat.

'I didn't know she was sitting next to me...! This can't be good... First thing in the morning of all times too...'

Speed walking my way up to the table, I frowned at her.

Y/N: I didn't know you would be coming back today.

The girl pouts as I take my seat.

Lila: (pouts)Are you not glad to see me?

'Really, Lila...?'

Y/N: (shakes head)Don't take it the wrong way, Lila, but... I can't really see eye to eye to people who lie, especially about Ladybug.

Lila: Pfft! (playfully slaps his arm)That was only a one time thing, Y/N!

Y/N: Haha... yeah...

I rub my arm as I turned my attention to the door. My mood brightened when I saw the arrival of Marinette. I sighed longingly.

'If only...'

I quietly watch as Marinette takes her seat next to Alya and, right away, engages in a conversation. I leaned over the table and continued to watch. My eyes slightly widen as she glares towards my way.

'What...?'

Locking eyes with me, she briefly waves to me with a smile before turning back to Alya. I tilted my head with great confusion.

'What???'

Before I could go drift off into space, Ms. Bustier enters the class.

Ms. Bustier: Good morning, students. I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Lila's home from her trip to Achu, and she's back in school with us again.

Class: (turns to Lila)Hi, Lila!

Lila: (stands from her seat)Hello, everyone! I'm glad to be back! Y/N?

Sitting back up, I gave my attention to the girl who called to me.

Lila: You'll be able to help me catch up with all the schoolwork I missed while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me?

'Uh...'

Y/N: (forces a small smile)Sure!

'Sayonara o beautiful world...!'

Ms. Bustier: Okay, everyone! (claps)Open your books to page 23.

Turning on my tablet I pulled up the book app and opened it to page 23. Looking over at Lila, I saw her struggling.

'Oh, c'mon... you weren't gone for that long...!'

I let out a small sigh as I help her with her book.

Lila: (smiles widely and whispers)What will I ever do without you?

I answered with a small shrug as Ms. Bustier started today's lesson.

Cafeteria>>>

Surrounding the returned student, Lila's classmates shower her with food.

Sabrina: That's for you, Lila!

Lila: Thank you. You're so sweet!

Max: Here's your appetizer, Lila!

Mylène: And I've got your main course!

Kim: (runs by)I'll fetch your dessert!

I could only frown at the sight.