Chapter 4 - Composed Yet Sexy

*Song: Red by Grace Gaustad*

//////

'Rise and shine, sleepyhead.'

Morana's voice rings in my ears as the blanket gets torn away from me. I wince and open my eyes reluctantly.

'What time is it?' I look at her. She seems fully dressed already, wearing her leather jacket and dark jeans.

'Seven.' She says and throws me some clothes. 'Come on, Abbatino is flying to London. So are we.'

'Flying? Am I carrying you?' I ask instinctively, feeling my brain slowly waking up.

'No,' she shoots me an amused glance, 'I mean by taking an aeroplane.'

'Oh.' Yeah, that makes better sense.

'And this is your passport.' She throws a little booklet to my side, 'I figured you probably didn't have one.'

'And you were right.' I open it and see my picture, 'When did you take the photo?'

'I didn't.' She winks at me, 'I made it. Photoshop.'

'Okay...' I am not sure what photoshop means, but the photo is quite impressive.

'Get dressed, angel. We ain't got all day.' She buckles up her suitcase and says teasingly, 'If you need help, just ask.'

'No, I don't.' I quickly reply.

'Fine.' She smirks, walking out of the room with her luggage. 'Chop-chop.'

//////

She basically gave me what she's wearing: a white shirt, a black leather jacket (since mine has a hole on it), and black jeans.

Although I don't like the idea of dressing up as twins or couples, the clothes feel comfortable, easy for me to move around.

'Are you sure this is safe?' I look around nervously as we sit on the plane.

I've never taken one before. I feel like I'm sitting in a giant metal bird. If this thing goes down in the air, even with wings, I'm trapped!

'What? You can fly, but you're scared of being flown?' Her smug smirk falters when I turn my face to her, 'Oh, you're actually worried. Don't be. It's going to be alright.'

She places her hand on mine, squeezing out a small smile that I assume to be assuring. I feel my panicking heart is slowly calming down.

The pilot's voice comes through, saying the plane is about to take off and every passenger should be seated with their seatbelts on.

'Okay, it's going to be a bit bumpy...Just hold my hand if you're feeling anxious.' Morana says in my ear.

And I grip her hand as hard as possible while the plane goes into the air.

I let out a sigh of relief when the plane is stable.

'Didn't know you have such a strong hand.' Morana says amusedly next to me.

I look down at our joint hands, only realising now that I'm still clenching tight, 'I'm sorry.' I immediately apologise and let go of her hand.

Somehow, holding her warm hand helps. Her palm is not all soft and smooth, I bet it's because of fighting and using all those weapons, but I find it...comforting and safe.

She has the hands of a protector. A warrior.

'Well, you better not break my fingers.' She leans in, breathes the words into my ear, 'Your happiness depends on them.'