Long Distance (1)

FEBRUARY 2021

"The feeling of wanting to bring you along with me just got stronger now that I see these delicacies.." Minho said from across the dining table to Goeun. She chuckled and took a sip of water as Minho took a spoonful of braised chicken that she cooked for dinner.

Minho hummed in delight as he ate the food. Goeun smiled and asked, "Is it good?" as she stared fondly at her boyfriend who's still chewing food with his cheeks puffed, looking adorable.

He raised both his hands and gave her two thumbs up, approving. She giggled and proceeded to eat the braised chicken with the rice too.

"So you're going to quarantine for 2 weeks before start filming, right?"

"Yup. Then I'm gonna film the rest of my parts for around 3 weeks before really wrapping up the shoot."

She nodded as she put more meat into his bowl.

"And have you decided where to go after filming wrapped up?" she asked. Minho had told her that he might extend his stay in Vancouver after filming Pachinko for leisure with his staff, and she totally understood and supported that.

During these hard times where traveling is difficult due to COVID restrictions, might as well make the most out of it when you have the opportunity. And she knows better than to be a clingy girlfriend who holds her boyfriend back from anything fun.

They both are adults and they respect each other's space.

"Hmm, not yet. I think I'm gonna ask the local staff there if they have any recommendations for us," he replied, before gulping down the water. She nodded in response as she chewed the food in her mouth.

Minho smiled and reached out his hands towards her face, stroking her soft cheeks.

"Can't you come?" he asked.

Goeun scrunched her nose as she shook her head.

Not this again.

He has been so persistent in asking if she can come along or not and then whined afterwards when she dispensed the truth that it is impossible, of course.

"I would love to, but you know I can't. And we can't." she replied as her hand found its way on top of his hands that were cupping her cheek, stroking the back of it.

He let out a long sigh and pouted.

She can't tag along for some obvious reasons that they can't risk getting caught abroad. Besides, she will have several meetings and script reading next month, and have to start filming her upcoming drama around late spring or early summer this year. And going abroad takes so much time in just self-quarantine, making it inefficient if there's not so much urgency for traveling.

"I know the answer already but I just can't help to ask you again and again," he said as he scraped down the rice in his bowl.

"When the situation is getting better, and at the right time.. Trust me, we'll have so many trips together." Goeun said, assuring him in a way which seemed to work.

He looked up and locked eyes with her, a boyish grin plastered on his face, before nodding and taking her hand in his.

Maybe not now, but someday soon.

They will be able to travel freely without the fear of prying eyes and also, health concerns.

--------------------------------------------------

After finishing dinner, they brushed their teeth before then snuggling behind the blanket in the bedroom, with the television on, but both were not really watching, too occupied with their own thoughts.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 08, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Me After Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें