My Love By My Side

Hi! I'm back with another oneshot, this time we go way back to the new year's eve, one of my best moment everr in 2020 hahaha i remembered being a screaming mess that night.. lol

Anyways, gonna say this again, but everything that was written here is purely a fictional story! though with tidbits of real-event, but the whole plot is FICTIONAL. 

Without further ado, happy reading!

-----------------------------------------------------------

JANUARY 2021

Goeun sprang from the couch as soon as she heard him typing in the password, grabbing the bouquet of flowers she ordered this afternoon to give to him as soon as he got in the foyer.

"Congratulations! I am so proud of you!" she said happily as she held the flowers out to him.

He arched his eyebrows and looked amused as his mouth opened in surprise, completely not expecting her to welcome him this way.

She could see him smile, but it was the same smile that he showed during the acceptance speech, it didn't reach his eyes. He doesn't look too happy.. Still with that smile, he sighed and walked closer, accepting the bouquet.

"Thank you. I wish you were there with me," he said as he kissed her forehead and hugged her small, delicate body. Goeun circled her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest.

"I know, I wish I could be there with you as well.. But I think it would be bad because I won't be able to hold myself back from hugging and kissing you right when they announce the winner."

She felt relieved as soon as she heard him giggling. She pulled back and cupped his jaw, placing a tender kiss on his lips. She could feel him kissing her back with so much longing, though they had just been separated only for around 6 hours.

They both pulled back to catch their breaths.

"I am totally a proud girlfriend! You really do deserve it."

She flashed him her smile and reached to mess his bangs which now were covering his forehead again, all that neatly pulled back hairstyle for the event was gone already. Minho chuckled and muttered a small thank you.

Goeun then helped him to take off his coat and loosened his bow-tie before pulling him into the bedroom.

"Now, hurry, go wash yourself up so we can cuddle! Let's enjoy the rest of the night together, hm?" she said as she handed him his towel and pushed him inside the shower. She could hear him chuckle and obey her without any resistance, when usually he would throw jokes asking her to join him or would give her reasons to delay the shower. But not tonight.

She let out a sigh as soon as the bathroom door closed. It is actually really hard to see someone you love looking sad like that. She walked back to the bed, finding comfort behind the thick blanket. She reached for her phone and read messages from Sangyi and Yooyoung unnie after she congratulated them for winning the awards tonight.

In the next 30 minutes, Minho already joined her in the bed, they both are glued next to each other though the bed was king sized. With the dim lights, only the bedside lamps that were on, Minho rests his head on her chest while she caresses his soft hair.

 With the dim lights, only the bedside lamps that were on, Minho rests his head on her chest while she caresses his soft hair