CHAPTER V

·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

"Neferkara?"

There was no reply. But the sounds of things shuffling and falling could be heard, followed by groans of frustration. After knocking for almost an hour with no answer from the ancient woman, Kleo entered with Luxor in the cat-holder.

She was surprised to see how the house was all messed up, as if a storm came by. Which made her heart beat in a fast past, running upstairs following the sounds. "Neferkhara!?"

Barging in the room only to find the ancient Pharaoh, throwing around things in frustration. "Oh my lord! You haven't even been here for a month and already you have crashed the place."

The Egyptian woman turned to her intruder, ocean eyes holding desperation in them. "Kleopatra, you must have seen it. Where is my arm ring?"

The brows of the Brit were stretched in a frown. "What arm ring?" She inquired confused, putting down the cat-carrier.

"An arm ring... Which is tied to a golden chain. Do you know where it is?" She went on to open a small chest, filled with paper receipt of groceries she bought gods know when. The London born woman's shoulders bounced in a shrug, "That's okay. We can buy you another one." She remarked.

"No! You do not understand." Neferkara's voice was raised and to say it frightened her more than Alain's angry voice, was an understatement. The Pharaoh's eyes bathe in fire as she glared at the woman. "I cannot simply buy another one. That was my father's and I swore an oath upon it." She hissed beneath her breathe.

The Brit clearly saw that this was probably a family thing to the ancient woman. Or a family heirloom so she quickly felt guilty for what she said. "That's alright. I can help you look for it." Offered Kleo. Her voice remained calm and Neferkara mistook it as pity.

How she despised pity.

"When last did you see it?" Asked Kleo and Neferkara sat down on the bed, placing the wooden crutch beside her trying to recall when she last saw it.

"I had it when we first arrived here... and for my first day at work." She let out a breathe and ran her hands through her curled hair.

"Right, good. Then?" Beckons Kleo.

"Since I came back from my first day of work I hadn't seen much of it." The Egyptian recalled the events after her first day of work. "Could..." She did not want to jump to conclusions but she remembers right after Ayrton kindly gave her a lift, she never saw it once more. Therefore she had been getting sleepless nights after. She tried to see the Brazilian again but he was too busy with testing and media, whilst she was at the factory.

"Could... what?"

"I'll search again at work." Dismissed Neferkhara. She was certain that that's where she last saw it but she kept misguiding herself too much.