CHAPTER II

A loud thud echoed through the dim-lit halls as the once enclosed sarcophagus rumbling vigorously, fell upon the marbled floor. Out tumbled a dark figure, wrapped in rotting bandages that weren't covering the whole body of the mummy. Thick long raven hair cascaded onto the floors.

"Holy shit! Alain, Alain!" The Egyptologist called out to her fiance who overlooked what had taken place right in front of them, with widened brown eyes. "Jesus Christ! What are we going to do?" The Frenchman in his own dose of panic kept repeating, "What are we going to do? We need to call Paul." He declares, standing up,"Paul-!" his fiance quickly covers her hand over his mouth.

"Are you crazy? They're going to sue us!" She shouts lowly, frustration dawning her features.

The Frenchman's lips parted, eyes widening at what he was hearing. But what made him speechless was when she carried on. "We can fix this. We just need to put back the mummy in the sarcophagus and no one will notice."

"Kleo, you must be mad! I'd rather they sue us, I'm not touching that thing!" But it was as if his voice didn't even show an ounce of frustration to as she walked over to the mummy, gulping down every inch of fright within her.

Alain had his limits and Kleo had pushed beyond them as he grabbed her wrist to stop her. Just then, the sarcophagus shut closed once again startling them. The Frenchman drew a cross, sending a quick prayer for his fiance to set her stubbornness for once but when he saw the pale hand similar to the moon twitch that's when he drew the line.

He grabbed his fiance's wrist, guiding her out the hall ignoring her protests until they heard. "Damnit, what happened?"

The couple looked over at the blonde haired employer. "Uh-" Kleo stuttered. "The museum is closed, dudes. Shouldn't you be-?" Alain immediately cut him off.

"Exactly! We were just on our way out. The museum halls are the same, it's like walking in a maze, but we're leaving now." He rambled on, guiding his fiance out the exhibition room.

"Oh, okay- holy shit!" Cursed Jacobs getting closer to the figure on the floor, seemingly wearing Halloween costume. "Miss, miss, are you okay?" He reached for his pocket and grabbed his phone that almost slipped out his hand before dialing an ambulance after checking and clearly getting a pulse.

Alain bit back hard. He wanted to shout not to but that was someone else's problem now...

When getting to the parking lot, there was an ambulance immediately, taking the mummy of the dead Queen to the hospital. The Frenchman did not waste time in starting the engine and they drove off.

The ride was silent.

Kleo's mind was occupied with a lot of things. Like how this day was meant to be special. Her three years long boyfriend just proposed to her, for the whole day it was overwhelmingly happiness and bliss, now it turned to shock and anguish over what just happened.

Alain sensed her down spirit and fear. "It's alright," he placed a reassuring hand over hers. "They will probably see that it's just a dead body. Everything else will be fine."

"Fine?" She whispered and he nodded. "I'm sorry- t-this was meant to be special and I ruined it." She looked down to her hands, fiddling with her fingers out of fear and frustration that just crept up at her, not daring to leave her.

"You didn't ruined anything. We... we'll just return home and everything will seem like it never happened and if we get sued, I can take care of it." he tried his utmost best to reassure her. The Egyptologist could only nod, accepting it but she knew deep down, she wasn't feeling right. She feared Tut's curse and wanted to avoid anymore curses like a plague.