Chapter Eleven

"So, I'm thinking of coming out soon," Lake said. 

She was in the car with Lucy as she drove her to school. 

"Wait, really," Lucy asked excitedly. "That's great. What made you want to come out?" 

"I guess I've spent so much time caring about what people think of me, and fitting in. Now I just want to be myself. I want to openly date you." 

Lucy smiled and glanced at Lake for a second. "Well, I'm happy for you. How are you planning on doing it?" 

"I'm not exactly sure, but I want it to be big. Like with balloons or confetti, you know something like that." 

"I'd advise to keep it simple, but it's your coming out. You can do whatever you want." Lucy pulled up to school and parked. 

They walk up to the courtyard, and that's when Lake saw Mia and Andrew walking up. 

"Mia!" Lake yelled excitedly and ran to her.

"Lake, hi," Mia said as she brought Lake into a hug. 

"I missed you. Please never leave again," Lake said. 

"I'm not planning on it." 

Lake broke away from the hug and looked at Andrew, "Hi, Andrew." 

"Hello to you two Lake," Andrew replied. 

"Hello everyone," Lucy said strolling up. "Good to see you two are back." 

"We had a one week excursion, but we're back now," Mia said. 

"Yeah, um how did it go?" Lake asked. 

Mia shrugged, "It went. I'll tell you guys the details later." 

"Okay, cool," Lake said as the bell rang. "I can't wait to tell you everything that happened here the past week." Lake reached out to grab Lucy's hand. "Let's go." 

"Wait, how'd you two get so close?" Andrew ask. 

Lake turned back and leaned into Lucy, "We're dating now." 

Lucy grinned, and waved back at Mia and Andrew, "Enjoy your first day back." 

Lake went through her first couple periods as usual. Then around thrid period, she noticed people were staring at her, and not in the good way. She wasn't sure why she was getting so much attention. Usually she liked it when people stared at her, but now it just felt weird. It was in her fourth period class when she looked at Creek Secrets. There were a bunch of posts about her dating Lucy. 

How did anyone figure it out. Lake remembered how she and Lucy walking in holding hands. Then she remembered how she rather loudly called Lucy her girlfriend. She didn't think anyone would hear her, or care. It appeared she was wrong. 

Lake scrolled through the posts. Some of them were good. Saying how it was nice to have other queer people in the school. However an overwhelmingly amount was bad. People called her a slut, doing it for attention, a cheater, a straight girl experimenting, the list went on. Lake finally had to turn her phone off. She couldn't believe everyone was saying such bad stuff about her. She should've expected it. Lake remember the struggles Victor had when he came out. Expect, that was mainly with the basketball team. It felt like literally the entire school was against her. 

When lunch finally came around she ran up to Lucy, "Something terrible happened," Lake exclaimed. 

"Wait, what?" Lucy asked. 

Lake held out her phone so Lucy could see Creek Secrets. "I guess someone must've heard me when I called you my girlfriend because now it's all over Creek Secrets!"