Chapter 12 - Disappearing To Heaven

*

Oh, oh heaven, sweet heaven,

I longed for you.

Oh heaven, dear lord,

Why are you so cruel?

*

Whispers were all she heard. Careless whispers, aggressive whispers... Why was everyone still tiptoeing and whispering around her?

Whispers, whispers.

Whispers of pity and sympathy, she didn't need it.

It made her feel small with the need to crawl away.

Ione opened her eyes and there they were... the ol' gang.

"She's awake!" Hiyori yelled out to the people who were all crowding her.

"Why do have to yell? We're right here." Shinji snapped at the small girl who slapped him hard across the cheek.

"Who told you to be an ass?"

Ione smiled and then started crying again, it couldn't be helped that she was a very sensitive person.

"H-hey! Don't cry!" Love started fanning her face quickly.

"All this time I thought you were all dead..." she said as she stared at each member then noticing that one person wasn't there.

"Where's Kensei?" she asked them in a quiet voice. She felt as if it was a deja vu.

Everyone smiled happily and backed off except for Lisa who helped her sit up but then went off on her way.

"Hey." a voice she had longed to hear for over a hundred years said.

She smirked and looked over to her (still very handsome) supposedly dead fiancé, "What? That's it? Hey?" she frowned at him jokingly.

"I'd give you a kiss but the others are still watching." he replied in all seriousness.

She got up and dragged him outside of the warehouse they had been hiding in.

"Ione chan! You're not supposed to go out-"

SLAM.

Ione shut the door before whoever it was could finish their sentence.

"Gee, I didn't know you were that eager." Kensei commented on Ione's rush to get out.

Ione stayed silent, she couldn't bring herself to speak, having Urahara tell her that he was still alive was one thing but seeing it?

It made her realize how much things have changed.

"Hey..." Kensei whispered after noticing his lover's silence, grabbing onto her shoulder he shook her lightly. "Hey! What happened?"

She lifted her gaze and stared at him, "Do you still love me Kensei?"

"Of course, I do." he answered breathlessly confused to why she would question his love for her.

She smiled and slid down the wall she was leaning on, there was pain in her heart kind of like a stab, and God did it ache. "That's good." she sighed as he sat down next to her.

"You don't..." Kensei started but let it go, the words seemingly heavy for him to say it out. He noticed the way she looked at him, the love wasn't there anymore and he could understand that. He had been gone for over a century, a lot has changed.