Chapter 9 - Hello, My Old Friend

[ normal timeline ]

Kurosaki Ichigo was on the run from Kuchiki Rukia.
He was running away from 'that bitch who's barking orders at him'.

He just wanted a day off from all of his work, killing 2-5 hollows a day was exhausting and from the past two days, the numbers of hollows had increased from 2-5 a day, to 2-5 every three hours. He wasn't getting enough sleep and he just didn't have the energy anymore.

"ICHIGO!" The short devil screamed from beside him. "I found the source!"

She ran beside him, her right hand holding onto the stupid beeping phone while her left was holding onto Kon.

"Ichigo! Look!"

"What?!" He snapped at her.

She pointed towards an extremely familiar building. Kurosaki Clinic, it read.

Ichigo grabbed Kon, shoved his arm the the toy's throat and took out the pill. He changed into his Shinigami form and dashed as fast as he could towards his him.

As he got closer he saw a pool of blood nearby and his frustration grew stronger. He ran straight into his house but was pulled back by Rukia.

"What?! Let m-"

"No! It's not your family not a hollow but it's spiritual pressure just disappeared... Let's just leave it be Ichigo... That was a captain's level you won't be able to fight it."

He went still, "They're ok?" he continued to look at his door.

"Yes, they're ok. Your dad's in the clinic and your little sisters are helping him out."

His shoulder relaxed a whole lot after hearing what Rukia said.

"The hollows seemed to have stopped appearing also..." Rukia muttered quietly in disbelief while staring at her phone.

Kon spoke up after a while of silence, "You think Urahara san might have something to do with it?"

"I can't say." She replied still staring at her phone. "Ichigo, stay here and patrol for a bit call me if something's happened, it's already 2.30 no use for going back to school anymore, Kon, you stay close to Ichigo." she said right before leaving towards Urahara's.

Ichigo had already returned to his normal body and walked straight into the clinic.

"Dad?" he called out.

"Ichigo!! I need your help, Yuzu and I are operating someone right now and Karin just bought in a new patient, help her out please!" his dad yelled orders at him.

Ichigo ran towards the room his father pointed towards just a couple of seconds back. He was met with a stressed out Karin who hasn' acknowledged his presence yet.

"Karin, let me help." he said quietly, putting his hand firmly on top of his little sister's shaking ones. She started sobbing hysterically and nodded, "Please save her Ichigo." she said right before collapsing.

Ichigo frowned deeper than usual and quickly got his little sister onto one of the vacant beds and tended to the injured patient.

She was stark naked to start, her skin paled from the blood loss, marks and bruises all over her body and blood coming out of her stomach.

Ichigo quickly attempted on what his father always taught him just in case, the basics. Stop blood from coming out, clean it, stitch it or cauterize the wound if necessary. He hasn't seen her face but has been blushing over her broken body even though he knew it really was not the time.