Chapter 11 - Big Guys & Surprises

*

Ione tried to concentrate on meditating but it was failing due to the stupidity of a young quincy who thought it would be fun to call out all the hollows and have an idiotic duel with the amateur orange head soul reaper.

She had been amazingly pissed off at how stupid everyone around her was that she stormed out to kill a few hollows.

Due to the fact that she was still on a run, Ione couldn't use her Shinigami powers with the risk of getting caught so she had to call out her inner hollow powers which confused the hollows big time.

She had found a nice secluded place where she could use her mask and nobody would see her, a space in the forgotten park.

Seven hollows stood before her, all starved and angry.

"Lady! It's dangerous, get back!" a voice yelled out from behind her.

Ione looked over quickly and smiled, "I'll be fine big guy! Don't worry 'bout me." she brought her hand down her face to place her hollow mask and quickly finished them all off with a few stabs from a stolen sword she got off of Urahara (her zanpakuto had been confiscated by Gotei 14).

She went over the man laying on the ground, took off her mask and sat down with him.

"Urahara is coming soon. I'm Ione."

"Chad."

"Eres amigos con Ichigo no?" [You're are friends with Ichigo no?] Ione asked.

Chad stared at her but then nodded slowly as if processing her in total.

"El me contó muchas cosas de ti, que eres una persona maravillosa y ahh.." [He told me many things, how you are a wonderful person and ahh..]

Before Chad could say anything Ione quickly got up and told him that she needed to go three seconds later, Urahara showed up.

*

Two great spiritual pressure were felt the night after. Ione was sure it had to be a captain and maybe a lieutenant or a lower rank Shinigami.

She stayed in her apartment which happened to be nearby and tried to conceal her reiatsu while secretly watching the fight that had started.
Byakuya stayed behind while Renji taunted the little girl Rukia when Ishida had fallen. Ichigo appeared soon after and Ione had to give it to him, this guy's got balls.

He got a scratch on Renji and even that, Ione was already so proud but soon enough the fight got out of hand and Byakuya was about to finish him off when Ione quickly interfered, letting 1/3 of her reiatsu slip.

Renji yelled for her to come out while Ichigo kept tugging on Byakuya's robe.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Bya-kun." Ione mocked the captain in her over the top cheerful voice.

She flash stepped and stopped Byakuya's blade right in between her two palms and smiled sweetly at him.

"I-Ione?" Ichigo mumbled through slit eyes.

Byakuya and Renji's eyes widen and they quickly retreated with Rukia who nodded at Ione.

Urahara finally arrived and helped Ione take the two injured boys back to his shop to cure them.

"It won't be long before they come for you too now, Ione chan."

*

"WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP RUKIA!?" Ichigo yelled at Ione as soon as he saw her walk in the day after, grabbing her by the collar and pushing her back into the door.

"Ah!! Ichigo san!" Urahara shrieked at the sight of the angry orange hair boy.

"Why did you only save me and not her?!" he kept yelling and kept on going about how she should've saved Rukia.

Ione tried to shake off her anger, she had saved the boy from getting killed right there and he couldn't show her any gratitude at all?

She snarled at Ichigo and stormed off with Urahara trying to get her back.

Ichigo stood at the same spot he had been standing for over two minutes and just stared at the door picturing Ione's angry eyes and her back to him.

Urahara came back soon after and shook his head at Tessai who just frowned and walked away.

"You shouldn't be hard on her Ichigo san. She's been through a lot more than all of us."

"She didn't tell me she's a soul reaper." Ichigo muttered still standing in the same spot but this time with his head hung low.

"Technically, she's not even a soul reaper anymore. She hasn't been for a long time now."

*