vi. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐭

"Mommy," said 7-year-old Alicia, "Can you please tell me a fairytale?"

Marinette sighed and hesitated as she was about to switch the lights off. "I don't...know, Alice..."

"Pleeease?" asked Alicia, her eyes widening into the expression she knew her mother couldn't resist. "Pretty please?"

"You know I can't resist those eyes," said Marinette amusedly as she sat next to her daughter.

Alicia beamed.

She knew her story was coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette smiled at her daughter as she snuggled into the covers.

"What story do you want?" she asked her daughter.

Alicia giggled drowsily. "I want to hear about how you and Daddy met and then your story."

Of course, she would. Alicia had always been interested in how she and Jason met.

"It all started when..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette hurried across the wet sidewalks of Gotham.

She was late, she was late, she was late!

Panicking, she didn't realize she was going to crash into someone until she actually did.

Stammering her apologies, she said, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to -"

Marinette was interrupted by a deep voice chuckling and replying, "Don't worry about it. Really, the only thing I'm worried about it my shirt – it seems to be ruined by your coffee."

She could feel her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. "I'm really sorry about that. But...I could give you another one?"

At the man's questioning look she continued shyly, "I'm a fashion designer. You could just come to my studio."

The man pondered over it for a moment and Marinette used that time to actually look at him. He was...handsome to say the least.

"Sure, why not?" It took Marinette a minute to realize he had replied.

With pink cheeks, she introduced herself and took him to her studio.

There, she learned his name was Jason Todd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And after that, we became best friends," continued Marinette reminiscently, remembering the times.

Alicia was watching her with wide eyes. "And then?"

"And then," Marinette smiled at that, "Jason finally asked me out."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were at their usual hangout at Marinette's apartment – but Jason was acting a little too odd.

She finally got tired of it and asked him, "What's wrong with you?"

Jason shot up, looking like he had been shocked. "Nothing," he mumbled.