Well... this just got worse, I guess...

Some time later, and Rapunzel was checking out her simple pink dress in the mirror.

"I don't think this dress is right for a masked ball," she finally said.

"Obviously," Rarity rolled her eyes. "It's got to be stunning!"

Rapunzel held up her brush.

"I've got a plan," she said, turning to an empty wall. With a few strokes, a lavender gown was on the wall.

"Sweet," Pinkie said.

"What are you waiting for?" Penelope asked. "Try it on!"

Rapunzel stepped into her creation, and stepped out a moment later, wearing her dress.

"It's cute," Rainbow Dash said, and Rarity covered her mouth.

"Don't listen to her; she's still learning," Rarity said.

"What do you mean, I'm still learning?" Rainbow Dash said. "I'm not learning anything! It's the middle of summer vacation!"

"It's a little too simple," Rapunzel said, looking at herself in the mirror again. "I've got an idea."

She brushed her paintbrush across the dress, and it transformed into another gown, this one reminding the Equestria Girls of Little Bo Peep.

"How about this one?" Rapunzel spun in the large skirt.

"It's a little much," Penelope commented.

Rapunzel changed her dress again, and everyone stared in shock as her dress became one of the strangest of all, filled with many different bright colors and shapes.

"What about this one?" Rapunzel asked.

"Erm..." Rarity shielded her eyes from the dress.

"Not good, is it?" Rapunzel looked down at her creation.

"It's a little ahead of its time," Hobe said.

Rapunzel thought for a minute.

"I think I know what to do," she said, swirling the brush across her dress one more time, with it glowing brighter than before. She spun the brush around her head, changing her hairstyle.

"Ooh!" Rarity said to the glowing Rapunzel. "May I? I have an idea."

Rapunzel handed Rarity her paintbrush.

"All right, you first," Rarity turned to Rainbow Dash.

"Wait, what?" Rainbow Dash took a step back, but Rarity was already hitting her with the light. She transformed the rest of her friends and then herself, and the entire tower was filled with light. So much light that Otto noticed that something was going on, forcing him to climb up the tower.

When the light began to fade, Rapunzel was revealed in a sparkling lavender dress, her hair in tiny braids falling over golden locks. She spun around in her new gown.

"This is the one," she said, turning to the Equestria Girls.

"Deja vu," Sunset said. "Aren't these from the crystal gala back when we were at Camp Everfree?"

"The only ones I could think of at the moment," Rarity said, fluffing up her curls. "It's a last minute thing, but it will do."

She handed Rapunzel back the brush as Otto sneakily took one of the girls' invitations to the ball.

"You girls look beautiful!" Penelope gushed. "No, magnificent!"

"Say all you want," Applejack said. "It's fine, I guess."