Act 2-1 A New Beginning

Play the game first before reading this (at least act 1), if you don't know what Katawa Shoujo is -- its an awesome game created by 4Leaf studios (awesome people from 4chan) about cripple girls and Hisao the main character who suffered from arrhythmia who's trying to deal with his condition. Just google Katawa Shoujo, you can easily download it.

This may be an eroge but please be warned you can't fap to this.

************************************************************

Why did I have to sit next to the window?

I don't even remember most of what happened yesterday. I woke up around noon because of the festival outside and moped around looking for something to do. Then I ran into Kenji, he wanted someone to hang out with, so I decided to go with him, against my better judgment.

Then there was a bottle of Jack involved. Not sure how he got it, or where it came from, but I didn't say no when he offered to share. The rest of it is the hazy part. I remember something about a manly picnic, and then Kenji tried hugging me or something. There was a piece of broken fence behind me, that stands out in my memory for some reason, so I think I hobbled out of the way and fell over on my back.

Now, I'm sitting in science class, unable to pay attention as my brain revolts against its mortal coil, pulsating against my skull as if it were a cage. It doesn't help that my eyes feel like they're being squeezed by my own eyelids.

“Hisao, would you like to read the next paragraph?” Mutou calls out, having sensed my lack of focus on his lecture.

Crap, here we go.

My throbbing eyes scramble about the text in the book in front of me, looking for even a semblance of a clue as to where we could have been. All I can do is take a random guess, so...

“The second law of thermodynamics states that in general the total entropy of any system will not decrease other than by-”

“Where are you reading? We're on page 381, six chapters behind thermodynamics.”

Flip the page flip the page flip the page flip the page...

“A substance may dissociate without necessarily producing ions. As an example, the molecules of table sugar dissociate-”

“Keep trying, you're getting warmer.” Mutou interupts.

“In general, ionization can be broken down into two types: sequential ionization and-”

“Too far back.”

“I give up.”

“At least you tried. Try to pay attention in chemistry. It would be a shame if we got to the next unit and had a couple of students leftover who still didn't understand this stuff.”

The next victim is called, a girl named Miki Miura, who fumbles around just the same before correctly guessing the right spot and reading from there.

It's been a week since I got here. I barely know the name of anyone here, and I haven't really socialized with anyone other than Misha, and by extension, Shizune. I guess Kenji counts, although as much as it pains me to say this; I wish he didn't.

Maybe I should have joined a club? There was a literature club, an art club, even a light music club I'm sure I could have tire-ironed my way into. Student council at the very least would have given me something to do, and two girls to talk to.

I'm barely given enough time to fall deeper into depression before the bell rings. I gather my books and decide to head off to lunch on my own, having already been dismissed by Shizune and Misha as they set out on their council duties.