Chapter 5: Remembering Batman and Robin

So, Dick turned his head, giving Bruce his full attention.

Bruce began to explain all that had happened to him.

When Bruce was finished, Dick murmured, "So, you have no idea who you are?"

"Not really, although I did remember you when I hugged you," Bruce informed Dick.

Dick chuckled and said, "Yeah, that right there told me something was wrong. You aren't big on affection in private, and even less in public."

"Huh... it somehow felt like the right thing to do at the time," Bruce muttered. "Well, maybe I'll be more so from now on."

"No complaints from me. Although I do have an image to uphold, so you might want to tone it down a bit when picking me up from school," Dick snickered.

"I think somehow you're mocking me," Bruce said with a chuckle of his own.

"You would be right," Dick agreed.

"Holy Bookmobile, Batman! Would you look at that building!" Andrea suddenly exclaimed.

Dick almost gave himself whiplash turning to look at Andrea to find her face pressed to the window as she stared out of it.

Bruce laughed at him.

"I've not been to this side of town before. I should go check that building out one day," Andrea commented.

"It's just a library, Andrea," Bruce told her.

"I know, but look how awesome the architecture is," Andrea continued.

"Um...," Dick began, only to stop as he wasn't sure what to say about her outburst.

Bruce laughed again and said, "You'll get used to it. Apparently, her friend Jeannette has a serious crush on Batman and likes to say things like that instead of cursing."

"Serious crush? I think not, my dear man. That woman, if she were ever to meet Batman face to face, would hogtie him and have them married to her in a New York minute," Andrea informed them as she leaned forward between the two front seats. "She told me once how perfectly built the man is and how his suit leaves little to her imagination as to how well-endowed he is."

Dick nearly choked on his spit at the image her words had put in his head. It was an image of Bruce he didn't want in his head yet could now never unimagine.

Bruce just laughed and gave Andrea a wink as he told her, "She can have this Batman as far as I'm concerned as long as you don't start fangirling him the minute you meet him."

"Never. Fangirling over a man in a cape really isn't my thing," Andrea told Bruce, then smirked and said, "Besides, I have you to drool over."

"Good. Nevertheless, I wish I knew who this Batman was because I feel it is my duty, as a fellow man, to inform him of Jeannette's unhealthy infatuation with him. I believe I'd go as far as giving him a picture of her and suggesting he run if he ever should meet her. I believe that woman is a bit scary in her hunger for him," Bruce concluded.

Dick stared at Bruce wide-eyed as he listened to him talk. Bruce doesn't remember being Batman either? Oh, boy, what will I do if we get a call out from the Commissioner? Batman never lets me go out alone, but someone must protect the city. I hope he remembers himself soon.

"That might be a wise thing to do, actually," Andrea agreed. Suddenly, she almost squealed, saying, "Bruce, an ice cream shop! Can we get ice cream, please? I'll buy."

Dick turned and looked at Andrea. She was looking at Bruce, her lip out in a pout as she stared at him. He shook his head and asked, "Did you just seriously offer to pay for ice cream? Bruce here could probably buy the company three times over. I think he can afford a bit of ice cream."