Chapter 4: Can I Call You Richard?

Walking into the kitchen with Bruce, Andrea looked around. It had all the newest appliances money could buy, clean yet well used. It made her feel that despite him having money, Bruce spent time here with his family of two.

Alfred turned from the oven where he'd pulled out a large pan to ask, "Hungry?"

"For your cooking, always," Bruce replied as he pulled a chair away from the table, which already had three sets of silverware placed on it, for Andrea to sit down. He then took his seat as he mentioned, "We usually eat in here and only use the dining room if I have guests."

"Which isn't often because Master Bruce is a busy man," Alfred murmured from where he stood at the counter.

Andrea watched as Alfred efficiently dipped out three plates, placing them on the table.

"Drinks?" Alfred asked.

"I'll just have water," Bruce answered.

"So, will I. Thank you, Alfred," Andrea murmured.

The old gentleman gave her a slight bow before walking over to the refrigerator and removing a large pitcher of water. He then poured it on top of three glasses of ice he had sitting on the counter. Once he was finished, he returned the water to the refrigerator and brought the glasses to the table. Sitting down, he said, "Enjoy."

All three dug into their food.

"Mm... Alfred, this is so good," Andrea told him. "It's been a long time since I've eaten good home cooking."

"You don't cook?" Alfred asked.

"I do, but it's no fun to cook for one," Andrea explained. "So, I keep it simple. Otherwise, I'm eating the same thing for days."

Alfred chuckled then said, "Makes perfect sense. Master Bruce, have you remembered anything else?"

"Small things," Bruce told him. "Like the fact that we usually eat here. I now remember where my study is and what my bedroom looks like. I also seem to remember I own a red Bugatti Veyron, a black Maybach Exelero, and you usually drive me around in a Rolls-Royce Phantom."

"Excellent, sir," Alfred said.

Andrea turned to stare at Bruce.

Catching her, Bruce asked, "What?"

"A RED car? See, I would have taken you for a guy who drives only black cars," Andrea told him.

Alfred chuckled but said nothing.

"Well... um... I..." Bruce stammered. "Actually, I agree, I think...."

Andrea laughed at Bruce's look of frustration. She then informed him, "When your memory returns, I want to hear the story behind that red car!"

The rest of the meal was silent, and when it was over, Andrea said, "I'm going to go to my new room for a bit. I need to call my parents, and I think perhaps Bruce needs to check out his study. I think he could learn a lot from his personal space that is strictly his."

"I agree with you, miss," Alfred said as he stood up.

"Oh, let me help you first," Andrea said as she stood and began clearing the table.

"You don't have to do that, Andrea."

"Yes, I do," Andrea argued. "I have time to help, so don't argue with me."

"Very well," Alfred murmured as he began loading the dishwasher with the plates she handed him. He then pulled out empty containers, and they put away the leftovers.

Once the kitchen was clean, Andrea left to go back to the guest room.

Alfred stood in the middle of the kitchen, silent, for a long moment. He then headed to the study. Now would be the perfect time to speak with Master Bruce privately.