𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

hashtag exposed

WHEN ELENA AND JEREMY had woken up and settled things with each other, Elena went down to the kitchen for some coffee. She poured herself a mug before turning around and spotted Alaric, whom she looked at in confusion.

"I thought you and Jenna were on the outs?" she asked curiously, as she was kidnapped when their argument would've taken place.

"Apologized," he commented, "Bought her a lot of food and binged watched a bunch of random movies with her."

"I'm glad she has someone like you, Alaric," Elena smiled, before walking back upstairs, leaving Alaric by himself.

Elena wasn't sure if he was actually Klaus in disguise or not, so she decided to tread carefully with him for the time being. She knew she was playing a risky game, and while she hadn't deliberately changed any of the major events — other than rejecting both Salvatore brothers and revealing the supernatural to her friends and family earlier — she believed that even being in the TVD universe was enough to screw up the timeline itself.

As she came up with different ways on how to proceed with the ritual, she couldn't help but think about Elijah. Elena knew that Damon had already planned the dinner party by now as Caroline was complaining about it, but Elena knew Elijah didn't deserve to be daggered. She wondered what would happen if she warned him; would they fail, or would they learn their lesson when they take out the dagger and use a human — probably Damon's girlfriend Andy — to make sure the Original stayed daggered?

The more Elena thought about it, the more anxious she felt herself getting. Unbeknownst to her, Klaus — using Alaric's body as a vessel — was able to hear her pulse and heartbeat due to his ability to retain his supernatural powers despite the current form he was in. A sudden frown made its way onto his face when he heard the change go from normal to rapid, wondering what was making his doppelgänger so worried.

Klaus assumed she knew her part in the ritual, but never considered the fact that she knew he was possessing Alaric, as how would she know? Klaus also wondered why he felt connected to Elena, as he had never felt this type of bond with any other doppelgänger in the past — not even Tatia.

Shaking his head, he brought his mind back to the present, forming a plan to deal with the matter at hand: Elijah had contacted him yesterday claiming that it was his duty as older brother to help unlock Klaus's dormant werewolf gene. While Klaus was too paranoid to believe his brother completely, he accepted the offer already knowing the doppelgänger existed due to the multitude of witches at his expense; he also wanted to see if Elijah was lying to him, as the former was still angry about his siblings being locked up, supposedly residing at the bottom of the ocean.

As the watch on Alaric's wrist started to beep, Klaus realized that it was now time for him to head to the Salvatore Boarding House for one of their absolutely tedious and boring 'meetings.' Not having made a move yet as he cleverly chose to observe those that were against him before he struck, knowing that if he was going to waste his time on a measly group as theirs he would have to wait so he could hit them where it hurt — the most efficient method, in his opinion.