𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢

a life for a life

ELENA WARREN couldn't breathe. She was dying, that much she knew. She felt small glass shards puncturing her skin as water invaded her mouth and nose, choking her painfully.

She had been driving back home from school when her mother texted her to pick up groceries which she was forced to respond to as her mother was very controlling and demanding. If she was not answered immediately she would throw a fit and wouldn't stop screaming for hours.

Elena was frustrated and distracted by her mother causing her to not be fully focused on driving, which is why she missed that a car was speeding towards her. Instead of swerving, she only caught on at the last moment as she braced herself for the impact.

The car rammed into the front of her causing both cars to fly back, skidding on the road. She felt the impact a bit from the driver's side, though most of the damage was to the front. The side of the car door was dented in, and in the front the glass was broken, shards flying everywhere and piercing her skin painfully like a thousand needles had just been stabbed into every part of her.

She felt blood pooling in different areas, and she didn't even notice that her car was toppling to the side and into the water below her. When she finally realized what was happening, she attempted to pry open the door but was unsuccessful as it was jammed shut. She then tried to take off her seatbelt and try the passenger door, but she was unable to get the seatbelt off.

The water that surrounded her was now suffocating her, choking her, taking away her ability to breath no matter how long she held her breath, as that would kill her as well. She relaxed her body in defeat, no longer trying to escape. Instead, she welcomed the darkness she knew would follow.

She knew that by the time the ambulance arrived she wouldn't be alive, as she couldn't possibly survive for that much longer. She didn't care as much as she thought she would, as she didn't believe she had any purpose in the world.

She worked hard in school and got good grades, she had dreams to go to a good college and be someone in the future, but she never really thought it would be possible for her, and she was proved right.

She closed her eyes, unable to keep them open for any longer. Yet she didn't know that when Elena Warren died she would become Elena Gilbert.