A feeling of familiarity

You woke up at 5:45, still as tired as ever. Today was the first day of school and definitely, your holidays had not been a relaxing one. Especially with what had happened last week in that strange house with that even stranger boy. You were able to sell the few items and collect a nice sum of money. The only item you had left was the bottle of wine. After all, you needed contacts.

-10.000$..., you thought out loud.

With that you had almost two full years at the university you wanted to join, it was not negligible.

-Shit, I need to take my shower. You jumped in and you lost yourself, again, in your thoughts. Even without the bottle, if you could still work hard all this year in parallel to school, you could make a one-year commitment to the uni. The next year won't be easy to finance but you'll find a way. You had to go.

-Y/N!!! You are way past your time! Shouted your mother, wakening surely your sister.

Shit, shit, shit. You came out and dried yourself in a few seconds. You wanted to stay longer. The shower relaxed you in a way that other things could not. You had to go to the supermarket, drop your sister off, and then you could go to school. On the way home you'd do your six-hour shift and be home by 11 p.m., do your homework and find out some information about the bottle, if your eyes would hold out by then.

You exhaled a heavy sigh as you sat down.

-I don't want to hear you complain, your mother said turning to you. Eat and get on with your day.

-Yes mum.

You didn't like to grumble. Especially not in front of her, yes, your life wasn't easy but hers was even less so, and you never heard her complain, although she had the right to. Your sister passed by you, yawning and rubbing her eyes. You ruffled her hair, not done yet, laughing at her morning face.

-Don't be late, kid, or you'll be walking, you said.

She looked at you with a worried look, then at your mother who nodded that what you had just said would not happen, which reassured her, allowing her to eat her bread quietly.

You went to your room, collected your things, looked at the photo, which was not yours, standing on top of your dresser. He was cute, you thought. Not usually your style, but cute in his way. You laughed a little and went to the living room where your sister was waiting for you, proud that she could make it to be with you on her way to school. Her smile was always something you were looking for in the morning.

-Okay, let's go! Bye mom!

-Bye mom!! Shouted your sister

-Bye girls! Have a good day!

Once at school, your day went on as usual. The only thing that caught your eye while you were on the front steps was the sky-blue uniforms of 3 people walking past the gate of your school. A uniform composed of a long jacket (mid-thigh level), a blue blazer of the same color and a white shirt. The dark blue pants had the school's coat of arms on them, and long laced boots finished the outfit. For the girl it was quite the same, only instead of a baggy pants it was a half-length skirt which dressed it. Easy to recognize, it was the uniform of the private school which was at a few minutes of yours. On the other hand what was astonishing was to see them passing by there, what could not prevent from attracting the glance of everyone in your court, including those of your friends.

-It's original to see them passing by here. It's definitely not on their way! Exclaimed Connie.

-Yeah, definitively weird, you murmured.