Chapter 7.

Jatavia POV
Bronx , New York
July 25 , 2021

Jovon and I began packing our shit up sooner than we expected. Time was really ticking before our contracts were done.

Cardi was throwing a cookout since she just got herself a new crib and it was real nice out. Jovon had already made it there with Latto. I just finished picking up some drugs for Nas so I was dropping it off to him now.

"Here you go, everything was there," I slid the bag over to him. Along with the keys.

I went to turn around but it stopped me.

"JT, take a seat please," his legs were crossed and lifted on his desk.

"Sup?"

"So as you know , one of my best is retiring out this business soon. You do a very good job and I'm willing to pay you triple what you make now,"

I sucked my teeth. I wasn't debating but I wanted to make it seem as I was. I have a few more months then I'm done. Me and my baby have a full blown plan that I intend to follow.

"Nah, I'm good," I held my hand out for my money.

"How much money you want?"

I turned my head.

"To get you for another year,"

"Give me my money for this task," my hand was still out. I was not playing with this man.

He put down the 6 racks. My eyes grew wide. This was more than I was expecting. It's usually 2 racks.

"Yo money could be like this, if you work for me for another year, that's it,"

I grabbed my money from the table placing it in my drawstring.

"I'm not doing it," I walked from him office making my way into my car.

I was thinking of Nas' temptation. I know he's trying to get in my mind. Jovon told me all that happened with Latto and how she got stuck because she was foolish.

"JT?" I heard that thick ass Floridian accent and already knew it was my good sis.

"Hey girl, you clocking in?" I asked while stopping in the middle of the parking garage.

"Nah I just finished sorting up some drugs and shit, you going to Cardi's party?"

"Yeah I'm on my way right now, I gotta get dressed and shit, you comin?"

She got into my car, I wasn't sure where hers was but her shit probably got towed again.

"Yeah but this nigga Nas riding me for real. He want me to take Jovon position, mind you he don't know that she my girl or nun,"

"His ass desperate, he really see potential in you but if you wanna get out just do this last month and don't look back,"

"That's the plan. You really wanna stay in the game?"

"Well I don't kill niggas like y'all. I just bag bodies and divide up drugs. I mean I really don't want for shit and I don't mind doing what I do," she shrugged her shoulders.

"How'd you get caught up in it?" I asked curiously

"I needed some money I used to slang drugs. I got arrested a couple times and I was on my last strike. Nas knew bout me and he made me a deal. I been working for him ever since he promised me if I worked with him I wouldn't see jail again,"

"He took all y'all in huh?"

"Shit basically, Latto and Stalli joined not too long after me which made me feel good cause I was the only girl there,"