Capture the Flag

"So what are we doing today, Master?" Ezra asked, stretching.

Kanan smirked. His padawan was in for a surprise. "Well, I have an activity I want you to do," he eventually responded. "It's kind of like a game, and I've asked others to help out." Sabine, Hera, and Zeb all walked out, large smirks on their faces, along with Chopper, who beeped excitedly. 

"Let's wait for all of them to get here," Sabine said. "So that you don't have to re-explain things." Kanan nodded in agreement. 

Eventually, Wedge, Rex, and Kallus joined them, all of them looking extremely excited. "Alright, thank you all for helping me out with this," Kanan began. "I told you all that you would be assisting in a game against Ezra, so I'll explain the rules a bit more."

"So, first, it will be Ezra against all of you." Ezra gave an outraged gasp, and Kanan held out a hand to stop his protests. "Your goal will be to keep this..." He paused for a few seconds, then a small scrap of fabric floated to his hand.

"This flag from Ezra," Kanan finished. The scrap was no larger than his palm, and Ezra examined it carefully. "You need to work together, go through the forests, but don't go more than 2,000 feet out. I set out boundaries, so don't go past them. If you ever need help or are in danger, you all have a few flares. We have a few people looking out for them, and you'll be assisted as quick as possible. Use your advantages against him, and your goal, Ezra, is to get the flag back to me."

Kanan took a pause to see if anybody had questions. When it became clear that nobody was going to interrupt, he continued. "You will be allowed to use your blasters, but you can only do light stuns. If I find out that somebody actually got hurt, you will be in big trouble. Ezra, you can use your lightsabers. If I shoot a blue flare, come back as fast as you can, and the game will be over."

Ezra rolled his eyes. "Great, so I get to go against about ten people who can work together so that I don't get a tiny scrap," he said sarcastically. "Isn't that fair?" 

Kanan chuckled. "Kid, hardly anything in life is fair," he said. "You should know that by now, so get used to it. Use your advantages. Now, you all get a 30 second head start. Three... Two... One.. GO!" The fabric began floating away and Sabine immediately darted to grab it, then ran off, everybody else on her heels.

"You ready, Ezra?" 

He snorted in response. "Am I ready? I'm so gonna win this," the boy said, grinning widely. 

"GO!" 

Ezra immediately sprinted off in the direction of the others. Stretching his senses out, he realized that the fabric had a certain presence through the force, for whatever reason, and he changed directions towards it. 

Running into the forest, the boy began slowing down, then flicked out his saber and deflected a shot. It was Zeb, Ezra realized, and rolled his eyes. He ran towards the Lasat, who turned and began running again. 

Using the force, Ezra moved in a rock in the male's way, causing him to trip and stumble. However, Zeb was quick to toss the scrap into the air, where it was intercepted by Kallus. Ezra gave a growl, then sprang into the trees, leaping from branch to branch as he followed the imperial turned rebel. 

Up ahead, Wedge was standing, and Kallus threw the scrap as hard as he could towards him. He caught it neatly, then jumped off the branch, a large smirk on his face, which looked quite smug to Ezra. 

Kallus turned back, trying to stun Ezra, who easily used his saber to block and stun the man instead. He gave a jump, slicing the branch that the other man was standing on with his saber as he did so. Ezra landed neatly, then took off after seeing that Kallus was breathing.